Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Just got in a minute ago. Left the estate at 00:00 on the button and arrived in the door in Ballygunner at 00:35 or so.

No bother driving out here though. Drove the Outer Ring Road, then Williamstown Road, then down Ballygunner hill. I just took it really handy all the way; don't think I hit above 25 mph all the way, going 15-20 most of the time on the ORR and slowing down to 5 or less to get through the roundabouts.

One place that was a bit awkward was coming off the roundabout at the Six Cross Roads to go up the hill on the way to the Tramore roundabout. I was in second and going really slowly through the rounadbout (not accelerating at all like) but then had to accelerate a little to get a start on the hill and there was just no grip at all. Lots of different wheel tracks there so I think others had the same problem.

The rest of the journey was fine. There was a fella out of his car on the other side of the road by Avondale I think it was and he was taking pictures - was wondering if it was maybe a Boardsie?

And on the Williamstown Road by Bishopsfield there were two foxes trotting along in the middle of the road in front of me. They looked back to check me out then scampered off into the housing estate.

I think if you're willing to drive slowly and be sensible it's fine to drive in. If you're going to be impatient or don't really know how to drive on these kind of roads, avoid it.

Stokolan wrote: »
    I had a WTF moment when I passed some guy cycling in sally park on a racer at around 11pm.

Yeah had one of those myself on the Outer Ring Road just down from the entrance to the travellers' place where there was a girl walking on the road. She stepped in and stopped so I thought something might be wrong. I started slowing down to see if I could help but once I got past her she just got back on the road and started walking again.

More snow falling now. Coming down fairly heavy too. Almost covered up my tire tracks and footprints from a few hours ago already. Be interesting to see what sight awaits me when I wake.

I predict a day of widespread disruption - took a lot to guess that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

It's bad out on the Dunmore road going to try and go to work.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Pretty heavy in parts, on the way home yesterday the motorway (north bound anyway) was perfectly clear and gritted, coming back down this morning its not as clear but still the odd person doing 25km/hour even though the lane they are in is clear

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

Can someone post up a few pics of the the city? I'd say it looks fantastic with the snow from last night. Some of us aren't fortunate enough to be home to see it! Thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Someone needs to trudge up to the Ard Ri and take some more pix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

mike65 wrote: »
    Someone needs to trudge up to the Ard Ri and take some more pix.

Maybe later, for now I'll give ye last saturdays one again :D

The snow is starting to fall/slip where the sun is on it, could be easy to shift by lunchtime. I have to clear the car and get the snow off the flat shed roof

backgarden1-12-10.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Are we going to get anymore snowfall today/tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

it looks like more could be on the way. reports in south Kilkenny saying its falling there now.

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

its snowing fairly hard in parts of wexford a mate of mine just texted me

It looks like we will get a dumping in about an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Yeah looks like it and fairly slow moving as well

Looks like i wont be going to Dublin today, i wonder would it be a good idea just to have a thread on road/motorway conditions around the south east?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

The radar shows the precip to be breaking up on it's way towards Waterford, I'd say it will be fairly scattered when it reaches here. Also with temps now at zero and expected to rise up to 2 degrees it could well fall as rain/sleet. We'll see though I guess.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

angry_fox wrote: »
    Looks like i wont be going to Dublin today, i wonder would it be a good idea just to have a thread on road/motorway conditions around the south east?

Inside lane of M9 usable, but busy. Advised that the outside lane is being used by trucks driving fairly fast, but the road isn't that suitable for car driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

Heavy snow in New Ross so might be heading here next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭JPA

It's back. :D:mad:

:( Didn't get the car cleared I was about to go out :mad:

Christ sake, back from homebase after buying a big shovel. I just cleared out the driveway and now more snow here in Ballygunner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

The difference in five minutes !

DSC00660.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,655 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Another week of snow we are going to have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Went down to the park this morning, it's looking fantastic, i'd recommend it if you can get there.

So I'm back to the question of whether to try driving from Ballygunner to the Indudtrial Estate. Anyone been driving in it?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Lovely out there - nice blizzard of snow! :) More in line next week is that right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,689 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Its snowing prettily in the sunshine out there, flakes going up and down, to and fro, presumably they reach the ground at some stage. Ah! I could get quite Christmas Card-ish about it. I don't have to go out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Some photos from a wander this morning!

DSC_3404.jpg

DSC_3374.jpg

DSC_3364.jpg

DSC_3322.jpg

DSC_3288.jpg

DSC_3295.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So I'm back to the question of whether to try driving from Ballygunner to the Indudtrial Estate. Anyone been driving in it?

I finished work in estate at 2 and its bad,i was in town and the old Tramore road, the roads are getting worse,it hasn't stop snowing in about 2 hours so its not going to get any better.

If anybody does go out watch yourselves on the old Tramore road by Milbrook court,a load of young fellas made 2 big snowballs in the middle of the road so cars have to go into the on coming lane to avoid them and they are throwing snowballs at cars too,so watch yourselves.

Heres a pic taken a few minutes ago.

photo1zw.jpg

photo2y.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,689 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Very nice pics Trotter - that last one is like a Christmas Card. The birds have eaten all my holly berries - there were not all that many - and are working through the crab apples too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

looksee wrote: »
    Very nice pics Trotter - that last one is like a Christmas Card. The birds have eaten all my holly berries - there were not all that many - and are working through the crab apples too.

Never saw so many berries on those trees though.. sure sign of a tough winter to come!

Advertisement