Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its snowdeded

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

its actually a sign of a good spring/summer gone I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

No bother getting in to the estate from Ballygunner anyway. Williamstown Road was mostly clear - just slushy stuff. Outer Ring Road and Cork Road were like it was a day with light rain or somehing. No snow at all on the road, just water. That could prove difficult when temperatures drop later but if they keep treating them like they obviously have been today, they'll be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

I went over to collect the GF's car at work about 4 the roads where grand. By the time I got home the roads were very bad. The rockshire hill is verry slippy already. Herself didn't even make it to the lights half way up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Some job getting out of work today. The snow was most unwelcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

selina8099 wrote: »
    ;):D

Hi:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

Just had a few hairy skids at no more than than 10mph. One was towards an oncoming car. Luckily I had enough grip to somehow how steer around him. One lad I know just slid sideways into a kerb as well. Not good conditions out there on any untreated roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Just had a few hairy skids at no more than than 10mph. One was towards an oncoming car. Luckily I had enough grip to somehow how steer around him. One lad I know just slid sideways into a kerb as well. Not good conditions out there on any untreated roads.

You should go against your instincts and drive into the spin, if you know what I mean. Not great advice if there is an oncoming car though :(

I think that proves that it's worthwhile going out of your way to travel on treated roads or, at the very least, roads with a fair bit of traffic.

dayshah wrote: »
    You should go against your instincts and drive into the spin, if you know what I mean. Not great advice if there is an oncoming car though :(

I know that, but in my case there was no spin. I was skidding straight down a small hill. Once I let the car do its own thing I could steer slightly allowing me to get out of the way of the oncoming car. But from now on I'll take gritted roads and avoid the estates, no matter how short the distance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭jmcc

Snowing again. Should be interesting view into Ice Age conditions later today.

Regards...jmcc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Roomic Cube

went out takin a few snaps, havent really looked through em properly, I was playing around with multiple exposure stuff too
    5223849037_f660bf0c62.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Guess the car make:

BqikV.jpg
    That chap is being a danger to any other road user.

How can one see if his breaking lights are on?
    Not to mention a snow cap on the roof. A sudden breaking and all that fluffy stuff goes on his windshield leaving him with no recognition of what's going on in front of him.

And so called "tank drivers" are the worst - if you don't have enough time to remove the whole ice and snow from your car windows better take a bicycle.

End of rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Hi Waterford Boardsies
    I have to drive from Wexford to Waterford City this afternoon (provided we can dig the car out of the drive:D).
    What are the roads like around the Quays and Dunmore Road?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Hi Waterford Boardsies
    I have to drive from Wexford to Waterford City this afternoon (provided we can dig the car out of the drive:D).
    What are the roads like around the Quays and Dunmore Road?
    Thanks.
    quay/dunmore road are sound..i was on both around an hour ago and both are fine for driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

155411_10150095419004973_646234972_7172605_1006014_n.jpg
    76933_10150095419504973_646234972_7172611_792485_n.jpg

Outside my house this morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 slainte1

I live on the same street!!!
    What number are you ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

slainte1 wrote: »
    What number are you ?

The numbers in the photo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭deise_boi

slainte1 wrote: »
    What number are you ?

facepalm.jpg

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

dayshah wrote: »
    I thought that it was instinctive to drive into the skid?

AdMMM wrote: »
    I thought that it was instinctive to drive into the skid?

Depends on your instincts. Most people turn the wheel in the opposite direction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

Also Gardai are asking motorist to lock their cars passing the Ballinakill, Powerscourt and Collins Avenue areas on the Dunmore Road in the city where youths are reported to be throwing snowballs at cars and in some cases opening the doors of the cars to throw snowballs at drivers and passengers.

Source: http://www.wlrfm.com/NewsSport.aspx

Over the last few days, I've seen a few people abandon their cars in the middle of the road and chase a gang of kids...I see why now.

wellbutty wrote: »
    Source: http://www.wlrfm.com/NewsSport.aspx

Over the last few days, I've seen a few people abandon their cars in the middle of the road and chase a gang of kids...I see why now.

happened when i was on the bus, they hit the busdriver through the door, he legged it after the lot of them

if someone actually came up to my car and opened my door, and fúcked a load of snow at me, i'd chase after them too, and either beat the shít out of them, or choke them with snow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Its all fun and games til somebody loses an eye, but still though thats not on!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭wellbutty

happened when i was on the bus, they hit the busdriver through the door, he legged it after the lot of them

if someone actually came up to my car and opened my door, and fúcked a load of snow at me, i'd chase after them too, and either beat the shít out of them, or choke them with snow

In theory I'd do the same but the first time I saw this there were 40-50 of them, around 20-30 the second time :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone know if the airport is Open? ( waterford airport that is)??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

wellbutty wrote: »
    In theory I'd do the same but the first time I saw this there were 40-50 of them, around 20-30 the second time :eek:

There's a gang of about 40 or 50 though one of my sons and his friends reckoned there were about 100 teenagers at one stage hanging around the end of Viewmount throwing snowballs and drivers and pedestrians including throwing them at my son and his friends. The lads said they're not from Viewmount but that they just gather there.

deisemum wrote: »
    There's a gang of about 40 or 50 though one of my sons and his friends reckoned there were about 100 teenagers at one stage hanging around the end of Viewmount throwing snowballs and drivers and pedestrians including throwing them at my son and his friends. The lads said they're not from Viewmount but that they just gather there.

Some little bastards in fairness. It's so dangerous like.

I hope someone did catch one or two of them and give them a bit of a fright.

I propose a Waterford Board snow vigilante group. Public service that's fun! :)

Just watching the news. Harney's Kilmacow are still getting the blaas into the city.

We done to the lads from S.Kilkenny for preventing a Siege of Leningrad type situation here in the city if the blaas didn't get through.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Some little bastards in fairness. It's so dangerous like.

I hope someone did catch one or two of them and give them a bit of a fright.

I propose a Waterford Board snow vigilante group. Public service that's fun! :)

haha vigilante justice! my favourite kind of justice :P

dunno if anyones seen it, this is going arounf from the BBC, but you can see little waterford all blanketed in snow quite easily
    _50265949_uk_snow_dundeeuni.jpg

• Advertisement

Anyone know if the airport is Open? ( waterford airport that is)??

It was today. People were checking in at the Airport but then being bused to Cork to fly out from. I'm doing it myself tomorrow. Hopefully the runway will be open by then and save me the hassle of having to go to Cork.

Advertisement