Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

And so it begins...

• 27-11-2010 10:13am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

South Dublin 'bout an hour ago

52a96801.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Sure it wont last, is that what we always say until last year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Yeah ..know what ya mean...fukkin bike taking up a car space....:rolleyes:

:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Yep, MY bike in MY parking space.

Problem?

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Yep, MY bike in MY parking space.

Problem?

Yeah...you dont seem to have a sense of humour......:rolleyes:

try again..:D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I have been taken the car to work the last few days,have not seen many bikes out at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

My baby is parked about 10 minutes away from the house. Couldn't get her home the other night so she'll have stay lonely for a few days more by the looks of it.

Haven't seen anyone mad enough to take a bike out on them roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Dorsanty

lord lucan wrote: »
    My baby is parked about 10 minutes away from the house. Couldn't get her home the other night so she'll have stay lonely for a few days more by the looks of it.

Any security concerns there? Maybe walk her home to safety?

lord lucan wrote: »

Jesus...i wouldnt leave my bike out alone..is it in a mates..?

Saw one of those BMW trailie things down near Landsdown Rd the Aviva today...and a pizza guy on a goped...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

Seen a guy pegging it on a Scooter last ni in lucan while i was crapping me jocks in a car going in the opposite direction. Back to the bus tomorrow. Hate doing it but wouldnt make it out of the drive way on the bike. One good thing about the snow is pulling handbreak turns into the driveway :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

I live and work on the N11 so if I can get the 100 yards to the road then I'm on the bike. I'm going to give it a try in the morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

South Dublin 'bout an hour ago

52a96801.jpg

Put a cover on that bike.
    It looks cold. :eek:

Dorsanty wrote: »
    Any security concerns there? Maybe walk her home to safety?

It's in off the dual carraigeway so not readily visible by people passing. Locked up with chain and brake disc lock to a metal gate so is secure enough. Off tomorrow so gonna try wheel her home if i can. I gave it a go on Saturday morning but after 20 yards it was clear it would be ridiculous to try and ride her to work so had to leave her behind. Feckin' winter.:mad:

Sids Not wrote: »
    Yeah...you dont seem to have a sense of humour......:rolleyes:

Ya startin?????

Sh1tty mobile broadband didn't load the second smiley, so assumed ya were having a dig :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

Time to invest in one of these, amirite?
    hyanide_main_485.jpg

Ya startin?????

Sh1tty mobile broadband didn't load the second smiley, so assumed ya were having a dig :D

Looks like you'll be needin a "dig-out" if this snow keeps up.......:D:D

Anybody else drive in? I thought I was grand until I realised I couldn't use my back brake, my front brake or my throttle.

Anybody else drive in? I thought I was grand until I realised I couldn't use my back brake, my front brake or my throttle.

Was in my parents at the weekend, couldn't get out of the estate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Was helping my landlord clear the ice from his car this morning. He was nice enough to offer me a lift to work since I wasn't going anywhere on the bike (1 mile from main road).

So, 10 mins clearing off the car....and then we notice the flat tyre.

...just not my day.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If this winter is as bad as last year I will have to think about getting a second car,kind of defies the point of running a bike as I got the bike so I did not have to run a second car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What?! Just get the RR out....

• Advertisement

Went out and retrieved my baby. She's in good shape and running grand. Pity i probably won't get to use her any time soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

I came in last year on the bike in similar conditions ended up leaving the bike in work for about 4 days. Prob is Public transport doesn't really come close to my work so pretty stuck- got a lift today but if it continues like forecast could be stuck at home tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Was on the bike the whole way through the last two freezes. Too many hairy moments and close calls. Won't be doing it again this year. Car all the way.

Was on the bike the whole way through the last two freezes. Too many hairy moments and close calls. Won't be doing it again this year. Car all the way.

Pussy. Nothing like breaking the ice off your eyebrows to make you feel like a man.

Pussy. Nothing like breaking the ice off your eyebrows to make you feel like a man.

Bet he wears gloves too......woman.:p

Sids Not wrote: »
    Bet he wears gloves too......woman.:p

I have it on good Authority that he does. And the odd time thread on his tires.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just saw a guy on a scooter practically skating along the ice -I was in the car and finding it very difficult to get any traction all the way home. Seriously, anyone who takes the bike out in conditions like this must be a full on retard. Remember last year hearing about all the people falling off? Tell work or whatever to f**k off - nothing is worth risking an injury or worse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Did it back when I was on the scooter and didn't find it anyway near as bad as it would be on the bike. On a fifty cc you can have both legs down and still have a back brake and the weight and and height is a lot more manageable if you do start to slide.Can only really go for short hops though, not much use if you have a long commute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

So has anyone been brave/stupid enough to go out on the bike yet? Seen a few cyclists- been getting a lift in - it takes forever- cannot wait to be back on the bike.

• Advertisement

Seen a guy on a 50cc scooter earlier,don't know how he's managing to get around. My estate is still in bits,it'd be suicide trying to take a bike out on it. Hopefully a thaw from midweek onwards will let me get up and running again on friday.

Advertisement