Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs in Galway

Options
  • 27-11-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Im in Galway for the next few days. I've never been on a night out in Galway so I was planning to head out tonight. I was looking for tips on some good clubs. Friends of mine went to college in Galway so I've heard about the usual students spots like CPs and Cuba. Just wondering is it the same at the weekend or can anyone recommend other places? Where gets the best crowds? Im in my mid 20's so I guess places that get the 20 - 30 year olds would suit best.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

Deeper at the Cellar bar, upstairs in Cuba. The Roisin Dubh if you're into that kind of thing. Kellys is a bar and nightclub down past shop street and mainguard street, used to be the Living Room. Cool little place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Im in Galway for the next few days. I've never been on a night out in Galway so I was planning to head out tonight. I was looking for tips on some good clubs. Friends of mine went to college in Galway so I've heard about the usual students spots like CPs and Cuba. Just wondering is it the same at the weekend or can anyone recommend other places? Where gets the best crowds? Im in my mid 20's so I guess places that get the 20 - 30 year olds would suit best.

Mid 20's would be Halo territory. If you go to CPs you might feel a little to old....Really depends on what kind of crowd you want.

Halo and cp's by far the best clubs imo, but as mentioned above cp's gets more of a younger crowd and halo is more for a mid twenty's crowd and older.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Depends what you think makes a good club. I honestly can't see why you'd consider rip off drinks, an entry charge, unnessarily strict bouncers and girly music to be positive attributes. Horses for courses I guess. Or Mugs for clubs.

Depends what you think makes a good club. I honestly can't see why you'd consider rip off drinks, an entry charge, unnessarily strict bouncers and girly music to be positive attributes. Horses for courses I guess. Or Mugs for clubs.

Halo is actually exactly what I consider to be a good club. Always have a great craic in there.

Drinks are not much/if any more expensive than other clubs or late bars and I have been paying entry into clubs week in week out for years so its hardly a new thing.

I never had a problem with the bouncers and find them grand, if your dressed ok and are not acting the clown you wont have a problem, a bit of strictness to keep out the undesirables is no harm.

and finally when I go to a club I want to hear a mix of chart music, some commercial dance songs etc. Nothing worse than being in a place playing obscure stuff you have never heard or what to hear.

I also like a place to have a cool look about it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement