If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" LCD HD TV - Saorview compatible

Options
  • 27-11-2010 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭

Hi, I am looking to buy a new 32" LCD HD digital tv that is compatible with Saorview. I want a wall mountable flat screen with a tuner that can receive MPEG 4 and has Mheg 5 capabilities for teletext.

There is one on sale in lidl next week for €349

Have ye anything like that for sale? I'll travel up to Belfast if I have too.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Deedsie

Have a look at the Philips 32PFL3605H.

Its a 32" Full HD LCD TV with MPEG4 tuner on board.

It can be wall mounted - we have wall mounts from €39.99

Check the spec out here - http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl3605h_12/32pfl3605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We have a couple of these in store and they are priced at €399.99.

If you check out our website www.philipsshop.ie you'll see the full range of Philips TV's that we have available.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi Deedsie

Have a look at the Philips 32PFL3605H.

Its a 32" Full HD LCD TV with MPEG4 tuner on board.

It can be wall mounted - we have wall mounts from €39.99

Check the spec out here - http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl3605h_12/32pfl3605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

We have a couple of these in store and they are priced at €399.99.

If you check out our website www.philipsshop.ie you'll see the full range of Philips TV's that we have available.

Cheers
    Ash

Thanks for the speedy reply, does that model have mheg 5 capabilities do you know? Is there a discount for boards.ie members who buy off the philips shop, or did I imagine that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Deedsie

It wasnt mentioned in the specs and when I had a little play around with the TV it seems to be regular teletext.

The live chat with Philips Tech support came back that no the 32PFL3605H does not have MHEG5 teletext on board.

Have a chat with the lads in RSB 0044 333 900 0070 as they may have an option for you.

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Hi Deedsie

It wasnt mentioned in the specs and when I had a little play around with the TV it seems to be regular teletext.

The live chat with Philips Tech support came back that no the 32PFL3605H does not have MHEG5 teletext on board.

Have a chat with the lads in RSB 0044 333 900 0070 as they may have an option for you.

atb
    Ash

I have sent an email to sales@richerssounds hopefully something will work out.

Thanks again for your help Ashley

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.