Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to get rid of

• 27-11-2010 12:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭

In a world of ever decreasing resources and ever increasing population it's time to end a few of the more pointless things that frankly are no longer needed.

Lettuce........no point in this stuff. Very little calories, almost no taste, waste of valuable growing space where cattle could be grazing - more steak

Flowers......do women (nearly always women and elton john) need these things in a vase in the hall/living room so the mantle piece/table "looks good"......waste of valuable growing space where cattle could be grazing - more steak

Cucumbers - taste horrible
    Cabbage - see above
    Cauliflower - see above
    Fianna fail - obvious

Feel free to add

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

mfceiling wrote: »
    In a world of ever decreasing resources and ever increasing population it's time to end a few of the more pointless things that frankly are no longer needed.

Lettuce........no point in this stuff. Very little calories, almost no taste, waste of valuable growing space where cattle could be grazing - more steak

Flowers......do women (nearly always women and elton john) need these things in a vase in the hall/living room so the mantle piece/table "looks good"......waste of valuable growing space where cattle could be grazing - more steak

Cabbage - see above
    Cauliflower - see above
    Fianna fail - obvious

Feel free to add

I agree with none of the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Cabbage - see above
    Cauliflower - see above
    Fianna fail - obvious

Feel free to add

Leave the lettuce alone.

Good old Wiki
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lettuce#Nutrition

Nutrition
    Lettuce is a low calorie food and is a source of vitamin A and folic acid. Lactucarium (or “Lettuce Opium”) is a mild opiate-like substance that is contained in all types of lettuce. Both the Romans and Egyptians took advantage of this property by eating lettuce at the end of a meal to induce sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

So, it seems you're totally against Fianna Fail and the greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

instructions on things that shouldnt need instructions.

If you need to read instructions to use shampoo, you dont deserve to live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Time to get rid of unnecessary f's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brummytom wrote: »

or uck's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭rebel10

+1
    When are people going to learn the difference between "off" and "of".
    [Embedded Image Removed]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

That handwash with the sensor pump.

It advertises that you don't get germs from touching the pump thus making it more hygenic, but did no-one that was promoting that product not take a step back and think - but you are washing your hands with anti-bacterial soap after you touch the pump therefore washing any potential bacteria from the pump off???

There are plenty more worthless products out there but this one has been bugging me for a while.

It advertises that you don't get germs from touching the pump thus making it more hygenic, but did no-one that was promoting that product not take a step back and think - but you are washing your hands with anti-bacterial soap after you touch the pump therefore washing any potential bacteria from the pump off???

There are plenty more worthless products out there but this one has been bugging me for a while.

That one actually makes me angry, what a waste! :mad:
    As for things to get rid of, anything that is designed to be unrepairable and to be life limited, when the thing can easily made to last at least twice as long and be serviceable for only marginal extra cost!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

rebel10 wrote: »
    +1
    When are people going to learn the difference between "off" and "of".
    [Embedded Image Removed]
    time to get rid of blind links imo
    :p

• Advertisement

Max Power1 wrote: »
    time to get rid of blind links imo
    :p
    Sorry:o
    Twas supposed to be:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjMcP2-UVk_tatuWEN7kmgTaJEMiAoouM7WhDy5t7ye549tldvzA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Marmite and bovril.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Cabbage - see above
    Cauliflower - see above
    Fianna fail - obvious

Feel free to add

WTF is wrong with cabbage? NOTHING

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

'Time to get rid off' people posting threads when they can't spell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭judestynes

Manbags............. If you've got so much crap you can't fit it in your pockets, ask yourself this question....... am I really a man???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭GSV

Pookah wrote: »
    So, it seems you're totally against Fianna Fail and the greens.

:D

Eyebrows & arse hair.
    What in God's name is the point in having hair on your arse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

No-keep lettuce and cucumber! Get rid of the rest. And add brocalli to that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭demakinz

I have argued this point with my OH every time the advert comes on. She still thinks its a great idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

demakinz wrote: »
    I have argued this point with my OH every time the advert comes on. She still thinks its a great idea.

She dumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

Very little calories

WTF? I didn't know calories came in different sizes! Are the big ones or the small worse for me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭High energy

LOL

So true

They are also bloody messy! It's impossible to use without the soap spilling before or after you use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

GSV wrote: »
    What in God's name is the point in having hair on your arse?

The extra layer is coming in handy, during the current cold spell.

"Time to get rid of"

Global warming...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Cabbage - see above
    Cauliflower - see above
    Fianna fail - obvious

Feel free to add

You should probably do your research into the items listed as it seems you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭strokemyclover

Suspended Ceilings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

If the bathroom tap is a twisty tap then it makes the sensor pump irrelevant because you have to turn it back off after washing your hands, which may have germs from turning it on in the first place.

Also, you're gonna go out the door that others have used. How you know they've even washed their hands?

Germs, ew!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

GSV wrote: »
    :D

Eyebrows
    Obviously you've never done a hard day's work in your life. ;)

One of the reasons we have eyebrows is to stop the sweat of our brow from running into the eyes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

tolosenc wrote: »
    WTF? I didn't know calories came in different sizes! Are the big ones or the small worse for me?
    There are 1,000 small calories in a food calorie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

moles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

You should probably do your research into the items listed as it seems you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

You saw fianna fail in the list...................you obviously don't have a clue about irish politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

yes, get rid off!

get off me, rid! get rid!! get this confounded ridness offa me, riddled with rid i just want to be rid of

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

but if lettuce goes, how will I have a BLT

Star Bingo wrote: »
    get off me, rid! get rid!! get this confounded ridness offa me, riddled with rid i just want to be rid of
    Would you ever go away and rid yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

rebel10 wrote: »
    Would you ever go away and rid yourself

rid! of this rebellion in the ranks, confined to ridness and red arsed ridicule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

but if lettuce goes, how will I have a BLT

Easy.........bacon,liver,tomato

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭lilblackdress

men :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭cml387

Oh I love lists:

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens;Fooken rain and nasty scratchy kittens
    Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens;Waste of natural resources and how can you hold a fag,eh?
    Brown paper packages tied up with strings;Jebus it's hard enough for us men with sellotape,you want strings?
    Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes;sluts
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes;Snow!I've got to go to work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    WTF is wrong with cabbage? NOTHING

It's not steak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

iamstop wrote: »
    98% of TV.

The other 2%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

dear ronald macdonald,

sorry to write to you as i am sure you are busy standing very still in one of your many wonderful places of business possibly beside a seat or a sign.

but i would be ever grateful if everytime i purchase a burger from your establishment i didnt have to perform the task of removing the disgusting weird looking green thing from the top of the meat, which is appearantly called a gurken.

( im not sure how to spell it because i have never other than these times encountered it in my life)

if you could remove this ingredient in the near future and possibly replace it with bacon i would be forever happy.

yours gurkenly,

wonton

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Nooooooooooo!!:eek:
    The gherkin is the best part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Pheasants! The most useless bird in the world, they actually run IN FRONT of your car, bloody eigits!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

The other 2%

Ah, ye can't take my Nat Geo, Discovery and the like.

Well actually loads of the discovery is fishing crap, loggers crap and truck drivers crap.

I like the space programs and Mythbusters (Kari anyone?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

eilo1 wrote: »
    Pheasants! The most useless bird in the world, they actually run IN FRONT of your car, bloody eigits!

What are you complaining about its a free dinner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

yuuuuuuuuuuummmmmm road kill............

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 949 ✭✭✭maxxie

time to end you ya sap :p

eilo1 wrote: »
    it's the suicide bomber squad practising, soon you will fear pheasants

Advertisement