Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New thread i started

Options
  • 27-11-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Recently a thread i started in the christianity section got closed. I was discussing how i was changing my religion and wanted to know what peoples views on it were. Then Boom. Thread was locked. Im sorry but "Whas up wih dah". Maybe the religion im changing to isn't seen as mainstream but its my choice. I prefer if threads were not locked for silly reasons like something not being main stream. Isn't that what boards is all about like????? Being able to spead your mind about somethin matter how mainstream it is or is not. So can i asked why the thread was locked??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Did it ever occur to you that the person who locked the thread would be able to answer your question rather than somebody who is unconnected to the forum?

The correct procedure is to PM the mods. If you aren't happy with the response then you take it to the dispute resolution forum, not helpdesk.

As it stands, your thread was locked because it was a bald attempt to provoke people. The fat that you have elevated a non-issue to this level makes me think that it's just another calculated step in a rather shabby attempt at creating a bit of mischief. Quite apart from this, your post had nothing to do with Christianity - you know, the subject mater of the forum. Go and live your life the way you want it. I'm not sure why you feel the need to inform everybody about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

mawdz wrote: »
    I prefer if threads were not locked for silly reasons like something not being main stream.

Oh really? I'm afraid you don't get a say in what is and is not locked, the moderators of the forum do.
    Isn't that what boards is all about like????? Being able to spead your mind about somethin matter how mainstream it is or is not. So can i asked why the thread was locked??

I fear if you continue to "spread your mind" you will not last long on the site, as I have told you in the other thread.

Please make yourself aware of the protocols and processes we employ on this site. If you have any questions on what the correct procedure is, by all means ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mawdz

I never stated i wanted a say on what gets locked and what doesn't. I said "I prefer" It means its a preferences of mine. Preferences are similar to opinions as to each his own. I was not and am not trying to cause mischief. It went in the Chrisitanity section because i am making the switch between Christianity and another religion. I apologise if i was not clear on the and i apologise for making you think i was up to mischief all i wanted was other christians views on my switch to a religion which totally "unmainstram" (bit of poet licence taken there :rolleyes: )

I can't quite tell if you trolling or in spectacular fashion don't get it.

You aren't choosing a religion. You are, however, apparently (and I use this under advisement because I think you are a troll) accepting a parody of a religion and attaching all manner of philosophical and metaphysical principles to it. That's fine - hopefully you'll do good in your goal to fulfil your desires. But all this really has diddly-squat to do with the forum.

Furthermore, you can't move away from a position you never occupied. Christianity isn't a set of principles we live by because they give us a warm fuzzy feeling or whatever. Rather, we believe that Christianity explains the reality of existence. This should be obvious and makes sense even if you utterly reject Christianity. To use the oft repeated C. S. Lewis quote: "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.".

Finally, your desire to stick your noodly appendage into whoever will let you is absolutely of no interest to anyone on the Christianity forum - and I dare say to most people on Boards.

For all these reasons your post stays deleted. If you decide to grace us with your presence again make sure you adhere to the charter. I'm not inclined to again put up with your tedious attempts at riling people.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭mawdz

Im not agrueing but just for the record:

Never stated i was rejecting Christianity totally. I believe the basis is good its just the lack of advancement with the "rules and regualtions" of the religion i reject.
    Also i was just asking for an opinion on my change not to rile anyone up or anything and i do apologise if i did rile anyone up as this was not my intention

• Advertisement

Im not agrueing but just for the record:

Never stated i was rejecting Christianity totally. I believe the basis is good its just the lack of advancement with the "rules and regualtions" of the religion i reject.

That is completely up to you.
    Also i was just asking for an opinion on my change not to rile anyone up or anything and i do apologise if i did rile anyone up as this was not my intention

Apology accepted.

Advertisement