Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ways of learning quotes and phrases?

• 27-11-2010 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

They are the bane of my life. Writing them out doesn't work because I forget them really fast. I need to learn off a load of Kavanagh, Hamlet and Irish things. Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Turning off the computer would be a good first step i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭higgz

I've stuck all my Hamlet quotes on 6 A4 pages on my wall at home. They're in order of scenes and I hand-wrote them. I just look up and learn :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

They are the bane of my life. Writing them out doesn't work because I forget them really fast. I need to learn off a load of Kavanagh, Hamlet and Irish things. Help!

The best way for me is to gradually do it :). For example, say I have to learn 20 or so quotes for a test, and had a few nights to prepare, I'd do around 4 a night, and they gradually build up :). I find it really hard to learn a load at once, and so I find this gradual progression really helps! :D. An advantage I have is I get a bus to school and noone in my year gets it, so this is the time I learn quotes during :).

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭The Shtig

Yeah have the quotes stuck to the walls of your room or where ever you study. Try a few one week then another few the next week, maybe five or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Writing stuff out, in hopez of memorising, is awesome just before you go to bed. Or so I'm told. Your brain goes over while you sleep etc. Makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Download Audacity (Its free), Record yourself saying all quotes/phrases whatevs, stick the MP3 on your iPod or whatever.

DON'T then go to an 18th, volunteer your iPod for the speakers and stick it on shuffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Well its all up in colourdy marker now on my wall, so hopefully it will go into my brain!

I must also try the podcast thing, especially as I have about 2 trillion orals next week :D

My mp3 player has a load of audio books on it, and a load of the titles of chapters are really odd, so if I have it on shuffle it will go from dance to this weird moody reading guy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭seriouslysweet

I have loads on my wall and change them every so often. Each subject is colour coordinated. Seems to be working!

Advertisement