Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommendations for Jan 11

• 27-11-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭

Hi all 2 adults 2 kids 11 & 13 probably intermediate skiers,half board hotel where would people recommend to go?Not too bothered about apres ski more the skiing experience.

Have been to Zermatt & Saas Fee so looking for a change.

Considering Mayerhofen based on other thread also Cervinia (Italy) came up.
    Is it better to book seperately through net (as done before) or book a package through a travel agent.

All advice and opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭micko123

The best thing about Cervinia, in my view, was the opportunity to ski Zermatt without Swiss prices but the town itself is disappointing especially if visibility is poor and your stuck in town.

I like Austria for its atmosphere and its excellent skiing, I've been to Mayerhofen, Soll and Kitzbuhel and enjoyed them all.

I have skiied several times in France and Italy and to be honest I think Austria is far superior. This year I will be going to Saalbach following many recommendations, it sounds excellent.

I would love to ski Ischgl though and I have that resort in mind for next year.

From the point of view of booking through an agent or going separately, I've found the half board deals with the operators are always quite good value but I've never really tried the independent route so I can't comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭pavb2

Thanks Micko far too much choice so just bit the bullet and booked Mayerhofen through agent.(inghams brochure)

Hopefully there are a few wide runs not sure wether to book ski hire and passes before or wait till we get there?I know there is alink on here for ski hire.

Can Anyone give any info on Mayerhofen,read a few posts I'm assuming you can't ski back to village and have to use gondala to ski area.

Wife hates drag lifts so are there many of these?

Looking for a few hours tuition is it best to book in advance?Private lesson or group?
    Looking for mainly blue runs with some reds.

Any advice appreciated as the less organizing to do when we get there the better.

Thanks

Advertisement