Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How old were you success stories over 40 please

Options
  • 27-11-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I just want a bit of hope 42 and going to do IVF in a few months if no luck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I once delivered a baby to a 45 year old woman having her first baby, conceived naturally as far as I can remember.

Its lovely to hear success stories and I hope it happens for you too.

Good Luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭lolli

My little sister is asleep on the couch beside me at the moment. Shes 8 years old. My Mam was 43 and on the pill when she got pregnant with her.

She sailed through the pregnancy.

Best of luck to you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

My cousin was 38 when she met her husband. She had her first baby at 41, her 2nd baby at 43 and her 3rd - yes, her 3rd!!! - at 44. All conceived naturally, and all happy and healthy, thank God!
    Best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Butterflylove

My mam is 56 now was 43 when she had my sister 13 and 46 when she had my brother 10 she had 7 previous and was informed she was going through menopause on both pregnancies, :rolleyes: she was using protection anyway so they were big surprises :D

She made sure my brother was the last though and got her tubes tied

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Kalimah

I was 41 giving birth to my 4th! It was the easiest birth ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Most ladies who have babies past 40 will have had other children already.
    But I know of who who were 43 and 46 when they had thier first and only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I was 39 when I had my first, started trying for number 2 now and am just gone 41. Fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

My grandmother had her first baby at 17. Single unwed mother. Met and married my grandfather at 35, and proceeded to have 7 children. Last one at 47.

My uncle and aunt had twins concieved naturally at 46

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

My husband was the 5th child and the only boy, his mother was 42 and his dad was 52,

My husband is 32 next year. He had no medical problems from his parents being over 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

I had a girlfriend who was the youngest of 10 - her mother was 50 ( yes , 50 ! ) when she was born .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

Just got news that a friend of mine (40) gave birth yesterday to a fine and healthy baby boy (9lbs 10!) after 8 years of trying and losing. So, so thrilled for her and her husband, that baby is a very lucky boy to have such lovely and determined parents.
    Good luck to all trying, hope 2011 will be your year.

Advertisement