Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd v Blackburn Rovers 15.00 [Setanta Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

Give it another two months and he'll have another.
    If only you could say the same about your team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

#15 wrote: »
    If only you could say the same about your team.

I'm afraid I you're right there - Rovers won't play again until March now.

Meanwhile FC United score against Brighton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

What a tramp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Filthy scumbaggy tackle.

Fair play to Evra for getting up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Lucky only to get a yellow

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Perfect timing by Diouf in his own box, then horrible stuff like that seconds later.
    Must be awful to try to play on the same team as him, never knowing what he's going to do next.

I'm afraid I you're right there - Rovers won't play again until March now.

:confused::confused:

Definite penalty, fantastic run from berba.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What a run from Berba, stone wall peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Should of been red. Knacker tackle from Diouff. Really nasty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Good tackle by Diouf. Don't know why his scumbag label has stuck with him so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Diouf has Paddy to thank for not making more of that.

Lovely fella is oul Diouf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

baz2009 wrote: »
    What a tramp.

I burst out laughing at this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Nasty stuff from Diouf, just after making a great saving challenge too.

Good half, some shexy football, opposition poor though.

Good tackle by Diouf. Don't know why his scumbag label has stuck with him so long.
    wtf-cat.jpg

We're all quick to jump on players for diving (and rightfully so), so in that case- well done to Evra for not making a meal of that challenge from Diouf.

Also, Utd denied a stonewall penalty there, looking forward to the RAWK conspiracy theorists explaining that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I've never seen Rooney and Berbatov play that well together, that was a brilliant 45 minutes of football, delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Diouf is a tramp.excellent tackle one minute and then acts the tramp,should have been a red ,probably only a yellow coz Evra didn't make a meal of it.looked like a peno aswel.

wtf-cat.jpg
    You're not a big fan of sarcasm are you?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,469 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

A lot of positives to take from that display in the first half.

Rooney has looked sharp in possession and has played some very nice passes - some of his interplay with Berbatov and Park has been great to see.

I think Nani has looked sharp on the ball, and looked a bit more effective than I feel he has in the last few games, worked quite hard too.

Two main positives I will take are Berbatov and Anderson. Berbatov has two goals to his name already which is great to see but I also feel his alround game has been very good, linked very well and has got himself into some good defensive positions too.

Anderson has looked very good too imo - hassled well, as he generally does, but I also feel his passing has, for the most part, been quick and accurate while his burst of pace and penitration from midfield have been great to see as it is not something we see from many of our other midfielders.

In terms of how we can improve, I feel blackburn have gotten in down the channels too easily and a better side may have punished on occassion.

Last couple of comments....

How the fook did Diouf not get a red card and how the fook did Berbatov not get a penalty... c'mon ref!

Still, 3-0 at half-time, great position to be in. Hope we press on and try to get a few more in the second half.

A promising half and hopefully it is a sign that United is starting to 'click' and find that movement and invention up front which i feel has been lacking a lot this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Really enjoying this. First time all season I've felt like United are playing with real attacking fluency.

Anderson is playing great, really energetic, two of the goals coming from his initial play. Carrick playing well also. Berbatov doing ok, good goals but average overall play, but that last run was special.

Most importantly, Rooney is ****ing back, and playing some absolutely outstanding football. Great to see.

Really enjoyable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

United looking very good, I don't think it is all down to Blackburn not turning up,

Some very nice movement everywhere on the pitch from United, especially from the likes of Nani, Rooney and Berbatov. Blackburn just cannot deal with it.

Blackburn could complain about the first one, but Berbatov should have had a peno for a chance for his 3rd.

As for Diouf, that is what he is capable of,he was very lucky. I will say however that he gets like that mainly through frustration - the referee has not given much to Blackburn, and I have seen Diouf throwing his hands in the air on a number of occasions when he has felt hard done by.

Diouf and Salgado now have to watch themselves 2nd half, Blackburn already a sub down with having to take Goulan off - the physios handing him an ice pack to save Allardyces blushes - I feel a bit sorry for him, if there is one match you don't give him his first start in, it is at Old Trafford -especially when he has shown nothing so far to deserve a start.

Can see United easing off a bit, but can still see some more goals in this - especially when Rooney possibly comes off around the 60/70 mark to make way for Hernandez - what fun he will have if he comes on.

more of a comment on Anderson...

played an important part in all 3 goals in that half. Chased the ball down not allowing Robinson to collect it easily for the first, burst past a couple of players before laying on to Park (who played the 1-2 with Rooney) for the second. He was also the play running around and putting the pressure on that led to Chimbonda playing the poor ball back towards Robinson which led to the 3rd.

Hopefully he can kick on, because he can really add to our midfield when he plays to his best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,434 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The front 4 have worked seamlessly together, need to do this on a consistent basis now with Arsenal and Chelsea coming up in a few weeks

Diouf and Salgado now have to watch themselves 2nd half, Blackburn already a sub down with having to take Goulan off - the physios handing him an ice pack to save Allardyces blushes - I feel a bit sorry for him, if there is one match you don't give him his first start in, it is at Old Trafford -especially when he has shown nothing so far to deserve a start.

Can see United easing off a bit, but can still see some more goals in this - especially when Rooney possibly comes off around the 60/70 mark to make way for Hernandez - what fun he will have if he comes on.

Could see Hernandez and Obertan on in the second half, their pace and movement could get us another couple of goals, or if Obertan is played down the left, a red card for either Diouf or Salgado.

• Advertisement

more of a comment on Anderson...

played an important part in all 3 goals in that half. Chased the ball down not allowing Robinson to collect it easily for the first, burst past a couple of players before laying on to Park (who played the 1-2 with Rooney) for the second. He was also the play running around and putting the pressure on that led to Chimbonda playing the poor ball back towards Robinson which led to the 3rd.

Hopefully he can kick on, because he can really add to our midfield when he plays to his best.

He has been excellent. Looks to be getting close to his best shape after his injuries as well. His ability to carry the ball forward from midfield at speed makes him unique amongst the midfielders at United.

Hopefully today is a turning point for several United players. Rooney's drive and moblity makes a huge difference to a forward line that has looked very static at times this season and Ando does the same in midfield. A Rooney goal from open play would cap this off nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Looks like United have arrived. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭mrDerek

nuxxx wrote: »
    sop://broker.sopcast.com:3912/82153

doesn work anymore or is this just until the 2nd half starts?

say cannot retrieve data?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

a good overall team display.
    thats what i want to see.
    reckon some subs on the hour mark.

report on the radio of trouble inside the stadium,anybody else hear anything.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And there's the hat-trick!

Tomorrow's headlines:

"Berba-top!" :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ABSOLUTELY FCUKING BEAUTIFUL!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Fúck me, what a goal

Wow

Berbatrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Hat-trick...Nani superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

EASY.....EASY.....EASY

that was a FANTASTIC goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

5! Theyre going to war!

double wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

NANIIIIII

• Advertisement

5-0! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

That was an absolutely stunning goal. Berba from the corner flag to the goal in one fluid movement.

When he's good he's f*cking good......sublime from the haughty Bulgar.

Nani goal Christ a walk over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

OUTSTANDING!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

5-0 I think we could see a record today if they keep at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

and now its 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

OMFG Ballon d'Or Berbatov.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

GET THE FCUK IN BERBA!!!

Oh I'm gonna tke the absolute píss on Monday.:pac:

GET THE FCUK IN NANIIIIIIII!!!!!1

• Advertisement

HA!

Advertisement