Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd v Blackburn Rovers 15.00 [Setanta Ireland]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Disaster!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Johnny evans proving the theory, white men cant jump.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Not good enough from Evans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

evans ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Seen as Vida went off, does he still get his clean sheet bonus?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Berbatov with 8 goals in his last 11 games now. He's on a very good run of late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Get in,

But why are the Blackburn players not rushing back ball in hand to the centre circle? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Seen as Vida went off, does he still get his clean sheet bonus?

He does

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Cleverley scored for Wigan
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

This result might harm Big Sam's chances of managing Real...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭modmuffin

yermandan wrote: »
    unbelievable stuff...fantasy football is gonna be all over the place, not sure many people have Berbs

Surprisingly 14% of people still have Berbs. Some performance.

Hope Roo can get on the scoresheet now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Don't like beating up on Evans but that goal would not have happened if Samba was up against Vidic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Just realised I have samba in my ff team at least he got a goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Gah.:(
    Come on Berba!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

I said to my family that it be 8+0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

modmuffin wrote: »
    Surprisingly 14% of people still have Berbs. Some performance.

Hope Roo can get on the scoresheet now!

I had him, considered selling him last night but held onto him! Nanis getting me a few points aswell!

My neighbour had him as captain up until yesterday!! L on Fking L . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭recyclebin

We need another goal or else any type of win for chelsea tomorrow will put them back on top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Berba keeps the ball!!!!!

Stoke equalise . .
    What a day for united fans ! !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Link for Voting for the United Man of the Match vs Blackburn Rovers.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?hl=en&pli=1&formkey=dE1CQzhqbjFHX1R1alNESUJ6TXZxRHc6MQ#gid=0

As always, it is open to everyone, just be sensible with your votes.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

:D:D:D:D:D

7-1 isn't just for show, we're level on goal difference with Chelsea now which is very important!

No Scholes, No rooney goal, great game by Nani/Berbs and United win 7-1 . .

Dunphy will just ignore the result, the performance and go into a rant how this is the last sting of a dieing giant . .:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

God i hope Newcastle beat Chelsea, i wonder if Barton is back tmrw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

Drumpot wrote: »
    No Scholes, No rooney goal, great game by Nani/Berbs and United win 7-1 . .

Dunphy will just ignore the result, the performance and go into a rant how this is the last sting of a dieing giant . .:rolleyes:

I hope he's on telly tonight:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭rednik

An 8 goal thriller.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

That's it, I'm starting next week's match thread too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Blackburn were painfully shíte today but you have to give credit to United for being absolutely ruthless and clinical. It was great to see.

My MOTM

Berbatov obviously
    Nani I was really happy with the way he went about his game today. Made lots of good decisions, always looked hungry and cut out the play acting.
    Rooney Got back to doing the simple stuff with a good dollop of hard work thrown in too. Also linked up well all over the pitch.

Also nice to see Park having a good game and getting another goal. I think it really suits him when our midfield plays fluidly, with lots of positions swapping, like it did today.

J Evans - WTF?! He got embarrassed by Samba twice (once for a goal) and on both occasions he didn't even manage to get off the ground. That guy has seriously gone backwards.
    Yay goal difference momentum swinging result!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

RandyMarshJizz.jpg

When he's good, he's ridiculous...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

99 passes by Anderson today.

Only 4 of them were unsuccessful.

Time to bring back the AIG sig I think :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

We are talking about the same Bulgarian right?

The countries all time top goalscorer who removed himself from international football so he could focus solely on club level and win the hearts of fans?

There has been a lot worse money spent then on Berbatov.... if his so called supporters werent on his back so much, maybe he wouldnt feel so much pressure everygame that he doesnt score : /

When he is on form, the ability he shows up front is priceless.

What I posted in the Rangers thread...just saying... ;)

And I read back on that thread, I'm blowing my horn or trying to make myself " a bigger berba fan" it does very much sum up a week in the life of Berbatov.

And the margin is so fine between him being frustratin, and pure genius.

I genuinely cant wait to see motd tonight, in work didnt see the match, heard he got some belters.

I'm absolutely thrilled and delighted with him.

And I say this sitting in work in a Leeds united Jersey, you have a prized asset there in your team, who tries his heart and soul to impress his fans and make them love him.

You couldn't want more in a player, nevermind the fact he has forward play ability that at times surpasses Dennis Bergkamp ( possible OTT reaction to five goals) but definitly equals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

To all the utd fans that hated me , yere all berba lovers again now:D

Bloke is a genius

BERBA wrote: »
    To all the utd fans that hated me , yere all berba lovers again now:D

Bloke is a genius

I still hate you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Top Scorers

Barclays Premier League Top Scorers

Berbatov Man Utd 11

Tevez Man City 9
    Cahill Everton 8
    Carroll Newcastle 8
    Elmander Bolton 8
    Bent Sunderland 7
    Chamakh Arsenal 7
    Malouda Chelsea 7
    Nolan Newcastle 7
    Davies Bolton 6
    Drogba Chelsea 6
    Nasri Arsenal 6
    VDV Tottenham 6
    Bale Tottenham 5
    Dempsey Fulham 5

Nice.:)

flahavaj wrote: »
    Nice.:)

And he shows the second place in that list up in spades when it comes to loyalty and behaviour off the field.

and lads lets not forget he smokes like a trooper..... thats how awesome the Berb is, a fully fledged smoker bringing the noise :P

I also laugh when I watch telly programmes that are like " he needs to try harder, he needs to work more" etc. As a big smoker myself playing up front ( granted im overweight) you need to conserve energy and put it in where it counts, a SERIOUS point thats ALWAYS overlooked in the Berb discussion, granted he shouldnt be smoking in the first place :) Just was watching a video in here about commentary on berbatov where they couldnt undersatnd why he doesnt run more, when I could tell you exactly why :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Berbatov smokes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Berbatov smokes?

A common side effect from being on fire.

TheDoc wrote: »
    And the margin is so fine between him being frustratin, and pure genius.

No it's not. It's a big 10 yard margin between when he gets his ass forward and puts himself in the scoring positions and when he doesn't.

Archimedes wrote: »
    A common side effect from being on fire.

haha,

But yeah, he is a heavy enough smoker by footballing standards. Used to be a 15 a day man, I'd say united clamped down on that, but its not a case that hes stopped.

I may be totally wide of the mark but pretty sure hes still puffing away :)

You can see he does be in tatters near the end of a game, and in fairness he doesnt carry much if any weight.

Pro. F wrote: »
    No it's not. It's a big 10 yard margin between when he gets his ass forward and puts himself in the scoring positions and when he doesn't.
    It helps that the midfield and his strike partner are providing the killer balls when he gets into those positions.

He can make as many runs as he wants, but if the support isn't playing well, he can hardly be blamed.

Possibly, I have to say when I watch united im really only watching him, but I do notice so many times he gets in goal scoring opportunities, and usually nani being the culprit, doesnt play him in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

That was one of the best United performances in a few years .
    The attacking flair and character of the United teams of yesteryear was back.
    United attacked with pace,committed men forward ,got runners from midfield into the box .
    There has been far too much negativity and cautiousness in the side over the last few years ,often trying to grind out results and doing the bare minimum to win matches.
    Hopefully they will adopt that attacking attitude in their next few matches instead of reverting back to the pedestrian paced negativity that has pervaded their play this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Berbatov smokes?

he is a forty a day man... pity he was'nt a forty a season man..

He could be.. If he only belived in himself more.. Has sooo much natural talent..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    I hope he starts criticising more players.

Everytime he cricises one of them, they go on to play out of their skins for the next few weeks.

Well I was shown up today but consistency is the key with Berbatov.

NickDrake wrote: »
    Well I was shown up today but consistency is the key with Berbatov.
    Not really shown up, a fair bit of what you have said is true, and while I agree with some of it, I don't want to write berba or Carrick off, because they both definitely have the quality to be a United player, they just need the consistency.

It helps that the midfield and his strike partner are providing the killer balls when he gets into those positions.

He can make as many runs as he wants, but if the support isn't playing well, he can hardly be blamed.

Yup I agree that it's not just his movement but the supply as well that leads to goals. Like the Rangers game, for example - his movement was decent in that game but the supply wasn't arriving (you have to give some credit to Rangers for how they defended too). Today it all came together - his movement was good, the midfield put in some great balls and Blackburn defended horribly = 5 goals for Berba.

I've said loads of times, it's not his lack of goals in certain games that I criticise - the lack of goals can be blamed on the poor supply as you say - it's the lack of bothering getting forward in those games that I criticise.

Not really shown up, a fair bit of what you have said is true, and while I agree with some of it, I don't want to write berba or Carrick off, because they both definitely have the quality to be a United player, they just need the consistency.

Carrick does not have the quality to be a United first team player. He is very handy to have around the squad but the only reason he was ever a regular in the team was because of the lack of a proper quality alternative.

Back when he used to be first choice I always said he would be shown up and that we couldn't rely on him. When Ronaldo left and we had to play a more balanced style in the big games that was exactly what happened.

The way he is playing this season is as good as he is ever capable of. He is useful but he should not be first choice.

Edit: It's like I'm itching for an argument with you DOCO :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Carrick does not have the quality to be a United first team player. He is very handy to have around the squad but the only reason he was ever a regular in the team was because of the lack of a proper quality alternative.

Back when he used to be first choice I always said he would be shown up and that we couldn't rely on him. When Ronaldo left and we had to play a more balanced style in the big games that was exactly what happened.

The way he is playing this season is as good as he is ever capable of. He is useful but he should not be first choice.

Let me get this right.

You are saying then that he was not worth £18 million and you have to criticise the manager if thats the case.
    You say he should not be first choice so again you have to criticise the manager for selecting him all the time.

So are you saying that Ferguson knows less that you do?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Let me get this right.

You are saying then that he was not worth £18 million and you have to criticise the manager if thats the case.
    You say he should not be first choice so again you have to criticise the manager for selecting him all the time.

So are you saying that Ferguson knows less that you do?

He was not worth £18m so yeah Ferguson made a mistake there. Consider how long ago that was, £18m was shed loads back then too.

After buying him and Hargreaves (another mistake) Ferguson put out the best team he could so I wouldn't call that a mistake.

Am I saying Ferguson knows less than me? Stupid question. Stupid reasoning. It always amazes me how much this stupid mode of thinking persists on a discussion forum.

Are you saying Ferguson doesn't make mistakes?

I like him, he is good defensively, and I'd like to see him and Anderson in a line up, both playing as good as they can, and see what kind of damage they can do to a decent team.

I reckon the two of them in midfield, Nani and Valencia out on the wings, with two of berba chico or rooney up front, I don't think that would be a bad team.

Trying to argue with me? Let's go bish :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,021 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He was not worth £18m so yeah Ferguson made a mistake there. Consider how long ago that was, £18m was shed loads back then too.

After buying him and Hargreaves (another mistake) Ferguson put out the best team he could so I wouldn't call that a mistake.

Am I saying Ferguson knows less than me? Stupid question. Stupid reasoning. It always amazes me how much this stupid mode of thinking persists on a discussion forum.

Are you saying Ferguson doesn't make mistakes?
    Fact is that Carrick is playing first team football this season and did so up to a spell where he played horribly last season.

United have been very successful with him as a starter in midfield. You don't become more successful when you have a midfielder who is not up to his task. Last year when United lost the title for the first time since the arrival of Carrick it coincided with a loss of form for the player.

Advertisement