Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester Utd v Blackburn Rovers 15.00 [Setanta Ireland]

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

My motm vote:

1) Berbasex

2) Anderson

3) Nani

Rooney just missed out.

Can't overstate how impressed I was with Anderson today. On any other day he'd be no 1.

If he can produce somewhere near that level of performance on a consistent basis then, we do really have a strong team.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

eagle eye wrote: »
    Fact is that Carrick is playing first team football this season and did so up to a spell where he played horribly last season.
    How do you define ''playing first team football''? Scholes and Fletcher have both been ahead of him in the order this season. As I've said loads of times, he's a useful player to have in the squad, he can come in and do a job when we need it, so I have no problem with that. Just like he's doing now and probably will again. But beyond that he is a limited player.

eagle eye wrote: »
    United have been very successful with him as a starter in midfield. You don't become more successful when you have a midfielder who is not up to his task. Last year when United lost the title for the first time since the arrival of Carrick it coincided with a loss of form for the player.

Last year United lost the best player in the world and what had previously been the best defence in the world. To overlook that is crazy.

Over the last few years Scholes, Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson have all been chopped and changed constantly in the centre because none of them are good enough to nail down their starting place (Scholes because of fitness). Carrick, like all of our CMs is a squad player, no more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Saw only first half. Were the bburn fans singing no goals for Rooney at the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Trilla wrote: »
    Saw only first half. Were the bburn fans singing no goals for Rooney at the end?

Dunno. Couldn't hear the crowd at all on Setanta. It's quite disconcerting and it felt surreal watching the first 5 mins of the match with no crowd noise before I got accustomed to it. Hate watching matches on Setanta.

One of the lads I know was over at it, he sent a text back saying the atmosphere was crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Was watching a Chinese stream and was entertained.Sky, take note. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement