Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile with dictaphone

Options
  • 27-11-2010 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭

hi there

was wondering if you can buy a mobile phone which has the ability to record messages , similar to how you record messages with a dictaphone , not talking about voice message record

thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, most phones have the option now.

In most nokias you will find it in the 'office' folder under applications. Its called voice recorder.

In the more basic versions running S40 you will find it in the media folder, and its called recorder :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Davy wrote: »
    Ye, most phones have the option now.

In most nokias you will find it in the 'office' folder under applications. Its called voice recorder.

In the more basic versions running S40 you will find it in the media folder, and its called recorder :)

can you record conversations and if so , for how long

irishh_bob wrote: »
    can you record conversations and if so , for how long

You can but their is apps you can get which might be more suited. The length depends how much memory available

You can but their is apps you can get which might be more suited. The length depends how much memory available

apps ??????

apps ??????

Application

http://store.ovi.com/content/18623

• Advertisement

the above link didnt really provide much info

the phone i have is a nokia 6300 , id appreciate if anyone could provide me with a link to where i could download a totall recall application

i should have been more specefic , my mother is getting crank calls on her mobile and wants to record them , phone is not exactly new or up expensive , its a nokia 6300

the above link didnt really provide much info

the phone i have is a nokia 6300 , id appreciate if anyone could provide me with a link to where i could download a totall recall application

i should have been more specefic , my mother is getting crank calls on her mobile and wants to record them , phone is not exactly new or up expensive , its a nokia 6300

That has a record function, like I outlined in my first post.

I wouldn't bother recording them, I would be getting the number barred. What network is she on?

That has a record function, like I outlined in my first post.

I wouldn't bother recording them, I would be getting the number barred. What network is she on?

thier is no office folder , thier is however an apps folder , when you open this , your options are memory card , games and collection, could you instruct me as to how to download that record function

thanks

It must be under media or something then, I haven't got a working 6300 anymore, but its defo on it

It must be under media or something then, I haven't got a working 6300 anymore, but its defo on it

yeah , found the recording function under media , only lasts one minute as far as i can see , thier is a nokia downloads section on the phone , can you download a more advanced record facility , store ovi .com dont provide a recorder for the 6300 nokia

p.s , if i just went with the one minute recorder function on the 6300 , if someone rings and you answer the phone , can you open the voice recorder without ending the call

• Advertisement

You can just go to options (think top left button) and then it should have 'go to' and then scroll to voice recorder.

Like I said, I would be getting the number blocked completely. If she is on vodafone, it can be done quickly

You can just go to options (think top left button) and then it should have 'go to' and then scroll to voice recorder.

Like I said, I would be getting the number blocked completely. If she is on vodafone, it can be done quickly

i got it working and it records for longer than one minute , must have read it wrong , more like one hour

thanks a lot , appreciate it

btw , the go to option ( while handy ) disapears as soon as you answer a call , still , only a matter of scrolling over to the media option and selecting voice recorder

Advertisement