Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low contention recommendation, Sandycove

Options
  • 27-11-2010 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi guys,

looking for some advice. Used to live in D1 and was on Smart for a long time, the old 4mb package. Had fantastic speed, little lag etc. Do a lot of online gaming, so contention is a big issue.

Had moved to Dun Laoghaire and with UPC. The lag was horrible - and every 10mins or so the connection seemed to drop. Running of my own router (although still obviously having to use the cisco as a modem - and the fact it dosnt save any DNS changes is a major pita...).

Moving now to the Sandycove area. Any recommendations on a broadband provider that offers a good contention rate? I.e. raw 'max speeds' I don't really care about once speed is >5. Recommendations welcome!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 lpw

mmm.... just checking, and it looks like UPC dosn't offer broadband in the sandycove area :rolleyes: - guess that means it will be some variant of eircom....

anyone know where the exchange for eircom is in dun laoghaire? trying to figure out how far from it I will be.

Advertisement