Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 and Meteor!

Options
  • 27-11-2010 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Just got a simple question and hoping for some simple answers:rolleyes:

My mam is hoping to get an iPhone 4 for myself and my sister this Christmas. Ideally, I'd love to stay with Meteor.

So I just need to know if the iPhone's are bought from the Apple store (On Grafton street I think?) can I just get a Meteor micro sim and continue availing of the free texts/internet plan with my current number?

I don't mind having to change my number, but if I could stay with Meteor pay as you go that'd be ideal!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My mam is hoping to get an iPhone 4 for myself and my sister this Christmas. Ideally, I'd love to stay with Meteor.

So I just need to know if the iPhone's are bought from the Apple store (On Grafton street I think?) can I just get a Meteor micro sim and continue availing of the free texts/internet plan with my current number?

I don't mind having to change my number, but if I could stay with Meteor pay as you go that'd be ideal!

the store on Graftom Street is a Compu store or something similar, its an applre reseller, not an apple store son in reality you cannot buy an iPhone in Ireland at present in a bricks and mortor shop unless your joining one of the approved networks (Vodafone, O2, 3).

so you will have to buy it from www.apple.ie

when it comes it will be factory unlocked, you just pick up a blank micro sim from a meteor store and so a sim swap and you keep your existing number, credit, price plan and use it with your ne iPhone 4.

beware though, most people under estimate how much data they will use and can get sucked into the 99c per day tarric which adds up to quite alot over the course of a mont, i would recommend you sign up to a smart lite plane.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

If you try using the search facility this question is asked about 5 times a week......Just search for "meteor"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Bonemachine

Ah, shucks. :(

Sorry for the repost and sorry for the repeated questions.

Thanks for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Jakmeehan

On a side note... What a great mother!

Advertisement