Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry notification problem/acting up

Options
  • 27-11-2010 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Apologies if i've posted this in the wrong area, hopefully not! :)

I have a Blackberry Curve 8900 and have various different apps on it, but mainly use the facebook and twitter ones.

I updated the facebook app when it prompted me, and now i keep getting a little one facebook notification icon on the top of my home screen, even though there is no new comment/message/like/add/whatever when i click into it.

I have tried loads of things, including:
    1. clicked 'Mark all read' (or differently worded equivalent)
    2. Deleted all my notifications
    3. Logged out of my profile on the app
    4. Deleted and re-installed the app from my phone
    5. have done a 'battery pull', which resets/reboots the phone
    6. Turned it off for a length of time
    7. Deleted any facebook related emails in my email
    8. had a bit of a rant at the phone.

Has anyone any idea what has gone wrong/ I have done to make this happen? Starting to get frustrating and the little icon always on the homepage is beginning to annoy me. Any help on this cold and snowy day would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Usually happens to me when I try to comment on something and it isn't successful...
    Try going into messages and seeing if there are any facebook messages with a red X next to them there (and deleting if so)

Just going into your emails won't do it, you have to go into "Messages" from the main menu

• Registered Users Posts: 27 ILoveGreen

*Sigh of relief*

Thank you so much!! :)

There was one message from MONTHS ago that just started to flash again for some reason? Deleted now anyway!! :D

Advertisement