Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

good club in kerry for mountain biking ?

• 27-11-2010 6:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭

hey guys im looking into joining a club somewhere near tralee or killarney (i know of listowel and killarney cycling clubs but im not too sure if they have a big mtb scene :() dont really mind traveling a small bit with the bike if i have to, any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

hey guys im looking into joining a club somewhere near tralee or killarney (i know of listowel and killarney cycling clubs but im not too sure if they have a big mtb scene :() dont really mind traveling a small bit with the bike if i have to, any suggestions?

Hi. I have recently joined Killarney CC (but havent managed to get out on a spin yet:().
    They seem to have a big MTB section. I dont have a MTB so have not been out with them. But on their website there are a helluva a lot of MTB spins, events and races listed.

I would imagine that some of the trails around Lough Guitane and the Killarney National Park would be fun.

Check out http://www.killarneycyclingclub.com/ for contacts/times etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

from what ive seen on their site it looks like they have one mtb spin a week and its on at 7pm Thursday night (kind of annoying tbh as its pitch dark at that time now :() id love a club that could do some early spins during the weekend or even the week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

from what ive seen on their site it looks like they have one mtb spin a week and its on at 7pm Thursday night (kind of annoying tbh as its pitch dark at that time now :() id love a club that could do some early spins during the weekend or even the week

There is a lad on the club forum that advertises weekday 'recession' spins.

Also, Che Guedara on this site is Secretary with The Tralee Chain Gang. He will be able to advise you about what they get up to on the MTB front (IIRC he does a bit of MTBing himself).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

cool thanks for all the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

I'm pretty sure that Killarney CC do mtb spins at the weekend as well. I remember them advertising beginer mtb spins on saturday mornings but check the website or visit Denis O Shea and he will be able to tell you more. There is some nice trails in the NP and around Lough Guitane near the school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement