Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting a doctors note

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Savage93 wrote: »
    You Tosser, you and the rest of the Dole Bludgers are what has this country F*****d. The sooner they tackle the system which encourages this kind of behaviour the better!
    Lol, go fúck yourself buddy! Im on €100 a week, €55 of which goes to transport and lunch :pac:

I just love when cúnts like you show your real true colours in threads like these :)

Banned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

How do you get it?

Im not actually sick, but dont wanna go in on Monday. If I go to the doctors, will he give me one regardless of the fact that Im in good health? ..will I be paying some extravagant price for it also? or will it be covered by my VHI?

Cheers

You get it by being sick.

Why would a doctor write a certificate stating that in his/her opinion you are unfit for work/college when that his not his opinion at all??

Go to work/college.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,954 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

amdublin wrote: »

Why would a doctor write a certificate stating that in his/her opinion you are unfit for work/college when that his not his opinion at all??

Go to work/college.

Exactly.

I've only ever had one doctors cert in the 3 years I've been in college and that was two weeks ago when I needed it. I know a lad in my course who said he needed one when his attendance was bad coz he couldn't be bothered coming in but he was just worried about losing his grant.

mars bar wrote: »
    i know a lad in my course who said he needed one when his attendance was bad coz he couldn't be bothered coming in but he was just worried about losing his grant.

Which seems to be the exact scenario here...

The mind boggles :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

OP, I don't really care whatever you do but I would like to just add:

If you do this presentation, even though you're nervous and shy about it, when you finish it you will be so happy with yourself. On the other hand, if you don't do it, you'll have to know for the rest of your life, that you were scared.

You were scared, you could have done something and you done nothing.

F**k the note dude, do that presentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

If you give a doctors note, won't you just have to do the presentation another day? Just skip the single class and do the rest of the day if you don't want to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There's a doctors surgery on O'Connel Street in Dublin, where you go in a door, and down into the basement. ANd there used to be a female doctor in there. I was about to give quite a detailed description of her, but then I realised it could lose her her job.

I went in there once, and told her what was wrong, and all she did was open her notebook and say 'OK, how many days off work do you want?'.

I remember when I went in at first, I asked her 'How are you?' politely, and she said 'Meh, yu' know, Monday!".

I suspect being a Doctor in Ireland on O'Connel Street was not fulfilling her the way she had hoped. My kind of Doctor though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

amdublin wrote: »

Go to work/college.

It rare for me to do this but my GP know me over 20yrs from 17 now 41. Anyway I may do it once or twice a year max if at all, his position is he know I enjoy my work, hence if I am coming to him looking for time off something is not right within me.

Odysseus wrote: »
    It rare for me to do this but my GP know me over 20yrs from 17 now 41. Anyway I may do it once or twice a year max if at all, his position is he know I enjoy my work, hence if I am coming to him looking for time off something is not right within me.

So you are sick?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Actually I'm off the past two weeks with a condition, a quick serach of my recent post would confirm that. However, I generally never miss work. I'm getting better but think it will be about 10 days before I start back

Advertisement