Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosion - possibly thunder around galway area?

Options
  • 27-11-2010 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I just want to find out if anyone else experienced something similar last night.

I'm in Galway, about 40 mins west from the city. At around 4.30am last night/this morning I got up to go for a pee. Just as I was getting back into bed I heard a really loud boom, followed by a low rumble which lasted about 3 or 4 seconds. Scared the bejaysus out of me. There was no flash of light or anything. And I was definitely not imagining it. I got out of bed and even went outside in my boxers and tshirt in the snow to see if I could see anything. But I didn't see a thing. No-one else that I've spoken to felt it (I say felt, because it was more than just a sound if you know what I mean).

The only viable explanation anyone has come up with, that I've spoken to, is that it might have been a meteor or something? Anyone have any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

It was thunder, do a search

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There was loads of mad thunder and lightning last night. Some strange ones too where the flash and sound were well seperated. I'd one at 1:30ish where the thunder didn't arrive for 40 seconds after a massive flash.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

moved to Weather seems more appropriate

Advertisement