Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on banking issues please

Options
  • 27-11-2010 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

hi all
    i opened a bank account with nationwide uk this friday and my circumstances have just changed and i want my money, the money lodged was a bank draft ,can i just close the account monday and get my draft back ,or do i have to wait till it clears and then transfare the money

any advice welcome

another Q ,why do banks want a pps number when opening a knew account

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

You will need to wait till the money settles. That will take up to 5 working days.

Your PPS number is used to monitor tax implications for the Revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

PPS is a legal requirement for tax monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

trobbin wrote: »
    hi all
    i opened a bank account with nationwide uk this friday and my circumstances have just changed and i want my money, the money lodged was a bank draft ,can i just close the account monday and get my draft back ,or do i have to wait till it clears and then transfare the money

any advice welcome

another Q ,why do banks want a pps number when opening a knew account

As others mentioned, you will have to wait for the draft to clear, also there might be notice required to make a withdraw depending of which type of account you have.

Advertisement