Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom regular Broadband, and charging for GB over limit.

• 27-11-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭

I know that there's lots of threads about it, and I actually went through most of them, but didn't find the answer.

I am on 3 Mb/s broadband with 30GB download allowance. The old thing, not NGB. I live in very rural area, so as far NGB is not available in my area.

I occasionally used to go over the limit, and never was charged extra for it. Recently I read a lot about people on NGB being charged for exceed download (and upload :eek:). But what about customers who are still on old plans.

I'm at about 25GB at the moment, and through the next 3 days, I need to download over 60GB. So I would be about 55GB over the limit.
    Will they charge me for it, and if so, how much will it cost? I didn't find any price per GB in terms and conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MFZ

CiniO wrote: »
    Will they charge me for it

No.
    edit: Well, most likely not. They could if they wanted because it is stated in the T&C but they have not done and I do not think they will start now.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

No matter what anyone may say to you on here the only ones who can answer that question for you are Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,063 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

dub45 wrote: »
    No matter what anyone may say to you on here the only ones who can answer that question for you are Eircom.

Eircom was always answering, that they might charge me extra. But they never did.
    That's why I'm asking here, to see how other people experience with it.

Up to recently Eircom generally did not charge people - the introduction of NGB has changed that. Even pre NGB Eircom always reserved the right to charge you as it is provided for in the terms and conditions. So even if you get loads of people on here telling you that you wont be charged there is nothing to stop Eircom charging you if you they so wish.

Up to recently Eircom generally did not charge people - the introduction of NGB has changed that. Even pre NGB Eircom always reserved the right to charge you as it is provided for in the terms and conditions. So even if you get loads of people on here telling you that you wont be charged there is nothing to stop Eircom charging you if you they so wish.

What about the fact, that there isn't any price per GB at which they would charge me? Or at least I couldn't find it.
    All I can find applies to NGB.

• Advertisement

What about the fact, that there isn't any price per GB at which they would charge me? Or at least I couldn't find it.
    All I can find applies to NGB.

It is provided for in the terms and conditions that you signed up for. So if they charge you they will be doing what they are entitled to do and no matter what anyone posts here it is up to them.

It is provided for in the terms and conditions that you signed up for.

It's provided that they can charge. But rate is not specified.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It's provided that they can charge. But rate is not specified.

In which case they could apply whatever penalty they like. It's very likely that they'd first warn you about going over the limit before charging you.

Advertisement