Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psa licence

Options
  • 27-11-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Heya Lads

quick question for ye, i started out on my own installing alarms and am trying to get the money to pay for the licence. Am after been reported to the PSA for installing, i no who reported me and when i find out for def will be reporting him for other things......... but back to my point, i sub contract for a licenced company and have them commission my alarms, would that cover me???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Your breaking the law so why should he not report you :confused:

You cant install like that, you must have your own licence to install alarms. Any alarm you install once certified must be certified to the EN50131 standard. If you use there licence number for there installs them that is grand but you still must show that you have obtained the standard for your company.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 stepbystep

all my installs are for the licenced company! im a sub contractor for them, they are licenced and hire me to install alarms for them! i dont install alarms under my own name, untill i can get the money to obtain my own licence! if someone approachs me for alarm i hand the install over to te company i sub contract for and they usualy hire me then to install it under their licence!

stepbystep wrote: »
    all my installs are for the licenced company! im a sub contractor for them, they are licenced and hire me to install alarms for them! i dont install alarms under my own name, untill i can get the money to obtain my own licence! if someone approachs me for alarm i hand the install over to te company i sub contract for and they usualy hire me then to install it under their licence!

If you dont have a PSA licence you cant install alarm. They dont make exceptions. You need one to work installing alarms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

stepbystep wrote: »
    Heya Lads

quick question for ye, i started out on my own installing alarms and am trying to get the money to pay for the licence. Am after been reported to the PSA for installing, i no who reported me and when i find out for def will be reporting him for other things......... but back to my point, i sub contract for a licenced company and have them commission my alarms, would that cover me???
    You need to apply contact a certification body and apply to the psa for an exemption.
    There are all sorts rumours going around that you can install an alarm without a license if you do it this way and that way but they are all false

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭paulcdub85

what if you have a UK registerd company and are doing some work here...do you still need a PSA licence?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To Install alarms you must be PSA licenced & certified by one of the certification bodies NSAI, EQA, SSAIB etc.
    If you are starting off you apply for an exemption licence. This allows you install a number of jobs so they can be inspected as part of your certification & licencing.

paulcdub85 wrote: »
    what if you have a UK registerd company and are doing some work here...do you still need a PSA licence?

Yes, you do need a PSA license.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

you still need a license, a lot of uk companies have licenses, kings being one of the big ones.
    Alternatively sub it out, I do some work for uk companies over here

• Registered Users Posts: 5 joezey

Hi lads does any one know how much the psa licence is to install burgular alarms im confused think it says about 2 grand, but then do I need to pay more for certificate of registeration

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Everything you need is here.
    http://www.psa.gov.ie/
    Please do not dig up 2 year old threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement