Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birdseye polar bear

Options
  • 27-11-2010 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Any help tracking down a soft toy version of him for my wee girl?

They seem to be impossible to find

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭balducci

have you tried giving them a ring?

http://www.birdseye.co.uk/about-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

If they did one with Willem Dafoe saying various things I'd probably pick one up myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭audismelly

They have interest and might do in a token scheme in the the future but no immediate plans.....cant see any fakes in china or that either.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Hi, Birdseye are now doing their polar bear as a soft toy! Collect 6 tokens and €1.20 in postage cost or buy outright for €6.20. I have 2 tokens from the 12 pack fish fingers if op still interested in getting the bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I got the 10 fishfingers packet and it has the Polar bear on it but it doesn't show any tokens to cut out etc. What's going on?

• Advertisement

The tokens on the 12 pack are located on the back of the box, top left hand corner. The polar bear is a regular feature on the frozen food, but the offer is a very recent addition, and perhaps your pack predates the offer, which looks like it started end August - link

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Can you buy the bear online with birds eye website or do you have to get the info from a packet of their range of food ?
    I had a look on the website, couldnt find anything

I have to get one for all the nieces and nephews and one for my son.

Thanks a lot.

The only reference to online is 'Visit Clarence at this site to win other exciting prizes' The soft toy seems to be obtainable only through tokens from food products and in the terms and conditions on the box it says 'You cannot buy a Polar Bear without obtaining at least 1 Polar Bear via the token collection route.'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Thanks got the correct packs now.

I also send them an email. No, you cannot buy them online.

You can buy 2 bears max with the tokens plus 4 extra bears for the full price (per houshold).

But you have to buy your first bear with the tokens otherwise they won't let you buy the extra bears with "just" money.

So if you have 12 tokens you can get 2 bears with them and pay for 4 more bears for your houshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭hairyairyfairy

OR register with a second email address and get it sent to your neighbours house or family member or register with a second email, misspell your name and address as it is put on computer so will not identify it as the same address and you do not need to "purchase" any bears, just get them wih the tokens:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

ncur wrote: »
    Hi, Birdseye are now doing their polar bear as a soft toy! Collect 6 tokens and €1.20 in postage cost or buy outright for €6.20. I have 2 tokens from the 12 pack fish fingers if op still interested in getting the bear.

How do you mean buy outright? Do you mean you can pay the 6.20 instead of collecting the tokens?

ncur wrote: »
    The only reference to online is 'Visit Clarence at this site to win other exciting prizes' The soft toy seems to be obtainable only through tokens from food products and in the terms and conditions on the box it says 'You cannot buy a Polar Bear without obtaining at least 1 Polar Bear via the token collection route.'

Unfortunately as I've mentioned in an earlier post, you have to get at least one bear via the tokens and then you can pay €6.20 for other bears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Rachel C

How long does it take for you to get the bear? I want one soo bad. !

Has anyone received one yet??? I ordered mine 7 weeks ago and still hasn't arrived???

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mine arrived today.

He has been spending the day popping his head around doors, with my best serial killer voice impression in the background. :D

Clarence rocks.:)

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today.

He has been spending the day popping his head around doors, with my best serial killer voice impression in the background. :D

Were ya waiting long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭tuom

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today.

Were you waiting long for this , I sent for one almost immediately the offer came on and no sign , I have emailed them and called them and no joy, am really disappointed as I really wanted this for Christmas, I made another call today and was told they would email me but so far nothing so it is not looking good, so glad you got yours ............. on that note if anyone has a spare one I would be willing to buy and collect within reason Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭tuom

Got a phonecall from Birdseye this morning......... they never recieved my application, but have said they will send me out one bear anyway ........... will be a bout 14 days so I will wait and see.............. pity was looking forward to surprising my daughter with it in the fridge when she comes home for the holidays ...... Ah well !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭coolbeans

My Birdseye bear arrived today. I'm delighted, he's even creepier in the flesh. It took about six weeks for him to arrive though. I'll be accepting bids above €50 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Notsureofname

I ordered mine 5 weeks ago, no sign either....

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

Ordered 2 in June.

After much communication on my part I got one this week.

Back to give out about the whereabouts of the second one... :rolleyes:

I also rang them 2 months ago and told them I'd changed address and they noted it over the phone, but still sent it to my old address. Thankfully I have a nice landlord that let me know.

Why do simple things have to be so difficult in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭opticalillusion

2nd bear arrived this week, along with this separate item from the same shipping address which makes absolutely no sense to me, as I don't think Nestle own Birds Eye...??

314279_10151134092581298_1710363984_n.jpg

Advertisement