Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile network employees

Options
  • 27-11-2010 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how much access they have to your account? Can they see the content of text messages etc?

Reason i'm asking is that I live in the UK, but keep an Irish payg sim but rarely use it, last time I was home I bumped into someone I knew years ago and got chatting to him, he asked did I want him to keep an eye on my account while I was away, as he had recently started working for a mobile network, asked him why the **** I would want him to do this and he didn't really have an answer

It doesn't bother me that much as there is very little on the phone that would be of interest to anyone, but still the guy seems a bit weird so don't want him snooping around my private messages

Is it just a case of him being able to type my number into a computer and see everything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Its not possible to view the contents of your texts just the dates and times of calls and texts made from the sim

• Registered Users Posts: 7,253 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Oh, wonder what the weirdo meant so, it would be ok if he asked me did I want him to look after my dog or something, but a payg mobile account

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Oh, wonder what the weirdo meant so, it would be ok if he asked me did I want him to look after my dog or something, but a payg mobile account

Accounts can be closed for inactivity, maybe he influence this and prevent it happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Nope, no access aside from dates,times, cost of the text/call if there is one.

oh and name,address, dob, bank details, what id you used to open your account, complete history of very call you've ever made if you're on billpay, a long with texts.

y'know, nothing major ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Accounts can be closed for inactivity, maybe he influence this and prevent it happening?
    Cant even do that really, all that is automatic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement