Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem sending CLID with Linksys SPA3102

Options
  • 27-11-2010 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've just installed a Linksys SPA3102 and using VoIP through www.rynga.com (one of the Betamax companies). It works perfectly and perfect clarity too. However, I cannot get CLID to work for VoIP calls - any suggestions ?

C

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭championc

Problem solved - I got the following reply from Rynge / Betamax Customer Support and it worked. So this might be some use to someone else in the future. So it's nothing to do with any settings in the Linksys

To activate caller ID:

- Open the softphone client application
    - On the File menu, click "Your personal profile..."
    - Add the phone number you wish to use as caller ID
    - Click "Verify now!"
    - After a successfull verification, click the radiobutton in front of the phone number to set it as the caller ID
    - Click OK to save the changes made

Kind regards,

Customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭RogerThis

championc,

What type of CLID are you using? eg voip or geo number.
    Does it work for the mobile networks aswell as eircom?

Where and how much for the Linksys SPA3102? I thinking of getting it too. Would you recommend it?

I have Broadband with UPC and have my phone ported to them so my incoming calls using my landline come in over this. For outgoing, I have all calls going via Rynga over the internet with the exception of 1800 and 999 calls. I decided to block 1850, 1890 and 15** numbers in the Linksys. 99% of 1850 and 1890 numbers have normal landline equivalents so these can then be called over VoIP free whereas calling non-geographic numbers are chargable.

I got my Linksys on eBay from Hong Kong. However, for about €10 or so extra, I believe they may be available in Ireland but not sure where.

C

I'm not a big fan of buying from China on Ebay. I have got burnt more that once.

I have a Vodafone at home €52 with free any time landline and 200 minutes to 3 vodafone numbers. My wife and I are both on ready to go with o2 so we can call each other for free and any other o2 numbers. I also have a work mobile with unlimited any network call, but it's monitored by my boss.

I want it for all other call, and to make it completely wife proof.

I'm not really sure what the difference between the PAP2T, SPA3102 and WRP400 or which one it go for. I don't really need another router in the house. So i think i'm veering towards the PAP2T after reading this article http://www.tomfoley.net/2009/03/18/the-wtf-guide-to-linksys-voip-pap2-pap2t-spa2100-2102-941-962et-al/

I work in IT, and I helped setup a small call centre, using trixbox a few years ago. So I'm not scared of complex dial plans.:D

Why did you go for the Linksys SPA3102?

Got a fair few bits and pieces from China over the years and never a problem - always use PayPal to be sure though.

Go with an SPA3102. The PAP2T has 2 x FXS ports rather than 1 and an FXO on the 3102. The 3102 allows fail though to your PSTN line in the event of an Internet or VoIP system failure.

And as for your Vodafone at Home connection, nothing is ever free. You will be paying about €10 - €15 for the "Free Calls" option. Have you ever downloaded your bill to see how much the calls would have actually cost ?

You could then measure this against the cost of running all your calls via VoIP. So for €2.50 per month, I've got free landline calls to most of Europe, the US and others and then calls to Irish mobiles are just 0.07c per min and I bet you won't get that rate with Voda TBH.

• Advertisement

Just ordered the SPA 3102 from Amazon for £54.89 about €65. It will have paid for it's self in a few months. That article quoted
    The SPA2102 and SPA3102 are not just adapters but also feature built-in routers.
    which is wrong, I don't think the PAP2T has the dial plan that I need.

I pay Vodafone the €52 for the 120GB download limit. Which is the cheapest I could find for high download capacity.

Our landline phone calls bill is about €30 per month. Hopefully cut that down to about €5 per month and another €10 voip bill (plus making more calls:D).

Why did you go for Rynga as your provider?

I used the Betamax companies comparison website

http://progx.ch/home-voip-prixbetamax-3-1-1.html

And so picked based on Freedays and tariff to Irish mobiles. My concern was that some providers are sneaky and have a call setup charge but the Rynga rates are fully inclusive so I'm getting Irish mobiles for 0.07c per min

Just to assist further, here's my Dialplan for my SPA3102

(1800x.<:@gw0&gt;|999S0<:@gw0&gt;|10S0<:@gw0&gt;|<2:012>x.|<3:013>x.|<4:014>x.|<5:015>x.|<6:016>x.|<7:017>x.|<8:018>x.|0x.|00x.|15!|1850!|1890!|118xx!)

Items here are
    1 800 and 999 and 10 (Operator) via PSTN
    If a number begins with 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8, preceed the number with an 01 for Dublin and send via VoIP
    If a number begins with 0 or 00 the send via VoIP
    Block any 15xx, 1850, 1890 and 118xx calls (I figure that 1850 and 1890 numbers have corresponding Landline numbers) but they can always be setup like the 1800 and 999.

How long have you it setup?
    And how much are you saving a month?

Last Friday night !!

I'll be saving at least €7.50 per month (free calls option was €10 or €12 p/m with Voda) and then whatever saving I make on calls to mobiles. I'll also not worry too much about the kids using the landline to call friends on mobiles either anymore. And this €2.50 is going towards your mobile calls.

Therefore, you could say that €2.50 buys you free calls to landlines all over Europe, USA and other locations and 35 minutes for Irish mobile calls. There is one caveat which is with all of these Betamax companies in that you can only call free up to 300 minutes per week.

The beauty with an SPA3102 is that you have your standard original home phone connected to it. You control the routing via the dialplan but nobody else will know anything about what's going on under the covers - nor should they really need to know or worry about. It should all be just completely seamless and that's exactly how it's working for me.

You do have the added benefit of being able to see your calls made listing via the website and obviously, calls are listed the minute you hang up.

Hope this helps

Thanks championc for all the info.

Just one more question, where do you buy your credit from?

I have went for voipgain because of the .05 rate for mobiles.
    From check the likes of HANSTEL.BIZ they add around 20% fee.

• Advertisement

You buy it via the VoIPGain website or applet you downloaded. Once you set things up, remember to verify the number to get your Caller ID working

C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

championc wrote: »
    I have Broadband with UPC and have my phone ported to them so my incoming calls using my landline come in over this. For outgoing, I have all calls going via Rynga over the internet with the exception of 1800 and 999 calls. I decided to block 1850, 1890 and 15** numbers in the Linksys. 99% of 1850 and 1890 numbers have normal landline equivalents so these can then be called over VoIP free whereas calling non-geographic numbers are chargable.

I got my Linksys on eBay from Hong Kong. However, for about €10 or so extra, I believe they may be available in Ireland but not sure where.

C
    How did you configure the spa3102. I also have upc but I cant get it to work. What ip setting did you set the 3102 to use ? Is it the lan or wan setting you used? Which dhcp is turned on?
    THanks
    Pat

Follow the guide here
    http://www.aoakley.com/articles/2008-01-08.php

You set a static ip on the wan to your local ip range and set
    Enable WAN Web Server: Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Thanks guys, got it sorted

Thank god for using Boards for sharing info to others - I've just needed it myself !!!

I lost all of my 3102 config and had to re-program it but I needed the Dial plan. Can't believe it was nearly 9 years ago

Advertisement