Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

suggestions to upgrade this current build

Options
  • 27-11-2010 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

currently have

5770 gpu
    core i3 530 @ 3.4ghz
    4gb ocz
    p7h55d-m evo motherboard
    500gb drive for os
    2tb drive storage
    2tb drive storage
    22" hd acer monitor.
    stock cooling on everything.
    aerocool m40 case
    400w ocz stealth extreme psu
    win 7 x64
    no dvd drives

it does more or less everything i want it to do, but i have some spare cash and want to upgrade something.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

looks like a good set up to me, it should easily do you another 2-3 years
    if you are bored and want to maybe overclock then buy some good air or water coolers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

funny enough the temps in the m40 are amazingly low. dont think ive seen gpu go above 70 and cpu above 50.

not to interested in overclocking further. its at 3.4 and it does the job. i got it up to 3.8 and it ran stable for a week.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you have to, maybe a CPU upgrade to an i5 quad eventually, but until you find an app/game that chokes on the dualie you're grand :)

Advertisement