Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nike Pegasus 26 + - recommendations for alternative?

Options
  • 27-11-2010 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

I have a pair of Nike Pegasus 26 +.

Looking to get new pair of runners, want to stay in the Nike + family

Your recommendations very welcome and much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

I had a number of the Pegasus 25's. They were a good shoe for me but I then moved to the Vomero 4's which have just been replaced by the Vomero 5.
    I am thinking of trying the Pegasus 26 (or 27) now though.
    If you are looking for a good racing type shoe (5k +) the Lunar glide are good

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

i'd second the lunarglides,only fault i find with them is small stones stick in the sole but are probably the most comfortable shoe i run.also use saucony triumph 7.and if you want you can just put on a key wallet with the nike+ sensor into it for non nike shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭griffin100

What's the difference between Nike Pegasus 25 and 26's? I seem to have a mixture of both at home without ever realising that they were different - or are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

griffin100 wrote: »
    What's the difference between Nike Pegasus 25 and 26's? I seem to have a mixture of both at home without ever realising that they were different - or are they?

Also add in the 27s for that comparison...

For the 26s, the Asics Gel Nimbus 12s are often considered the most similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭El Director

Switched from the Kayano's to the Pegasus 27 about a month ago and so far so good. Much lighter and encourage more mid-foot striking imo. I also have fasttwitch 4, and I'd have no prob using them up to half-marathon distance (not in this weather though!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

griffin100 wrote: »

26's replaced the 25's and now the 27's are replacing the 26's. I guess there will be 28's next year

Advertisement