Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Road Conditions...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Gregsor

I nearly tripped over myself this morning getting into the car when i saw a grit truck going down the narrow road outside my house,they must have been bribed :eek: :).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Scruff101 wrote: »
    The road between Newbridge and Naas was also a disaster this morning....clearly not treated either!
    ya should of seen it at 5 this morning, i hadnt a clue where the lanes were, couldnt even see the cats eyes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

I drove around Naas, Kilcullen, Sallins and Newbridge tonight. No gritting. No ploughs. Nothing. The area was surrendered to the snow and left to drivers to clear it by literally driving through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

I'm contemplating a trip (for business) from Maynooth to Leopardstown tomorrow am and then out to Naas tomorrow afternoon (M/N4->M50->N/M7). What were conditions like on these routes today? I'm hoping traffic will be light.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I was working nights last night in Dublin. There was not one bit of grit on the roads. The M7 was leathal, I nearly did a 360 turn on it. How can it not be treated. It took me 2 hrs to get home this morning and there was a car that spun off at the ball at naas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Even Naas town was a mess yesterday; there were cars stuggling to make it up main street. The CoCo seem to have thrown a few handfuls of grit or something on the roads which had about as much effect as politely asking the snow to melt...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Celbridge very bad, the Army are out going their best , fair play to them !

They have by and large done a great job around Celbridge keeping the footpaths clear.

More snow falling now .....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Just in off M7. Pretty passable between Naas and Monasterevin southbound anyway, traffic moving slowly (approx 20-30mph) - Seems to free up a little past the M9 separation (as usual). Freezing fog in patches. Noticed about 5-6 vehicles in hard shoulder, which is a lot more than usual! Be careful out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Sallins was mental today after the heavy fall. Two trucks with no trailers blocking it. Could hardy move an inch over the railway bridge.. was worse than BMWs

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭JMSE

Leave the BMWs out of it!! I got to Hazelhatch canal bridge there Wednesday evenin (feels like last evenin but the date now says its not) and there was a van 100yds ahead of me approaching the point of no return (to those who dont know the bridge, its a 200yr old one vehicle at a time hump-backer) when he had to stop to let a car over. That was him fceked coz he couldnt get grip then to get going again. Thanks to the 5 lads doin heroic duty there for no reason whatsoever that I could see, he got the push he needed and got up and over. Me, waiting back 200 yds, then took a run at it and again with the help of the 5 heroic lads who were there for no apparent reason, doing a lot of waving, got over and away. Its all about traction control, and my '96 doesnt have it, but I do :)

Thanks to the 5 heroic lads of no apparent reason, legends of the 'Hatch 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

gsxr1 wrote: »
    Sallins was mental today after the heavy fall. Two trucks with no trailers blocking it. Could hardy move an inch over the railway bridge.. was worse than BMWs

What time was that at? I was trying to get to Tescos earlier at about 1 and got bored after aan hour after sitting outside Woodies for 15 minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Anyone know if national/primary routes around Kildare were gritted last night? Seems to have been a few incidents on the N/M4 today. Am hoping that tomorrow morning will be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Don't know about gritting but I travelled the old road today from Enfield and onto the motorway and they were the worst I have experienced. Even going 20-30 kms per hr and the car was all over the place. Passed a couple of cars in the ditch, and another 4 car crash near Leixlip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

I traveled from Derry to Kildare at 9am this morn.

I was completely disgusted with the County Councils of the Rep of Ireland.

From Aughnacloy to Ardee it was the worst I have ever seen or felt a road. Solid ice till motorway. Every main route in the North was gritted over night
    Sliding into ice at 60mph is by far the scariest thing I have every done in 34 years

Really . The change when I drove over the border was like night and day.

Thanks for putting my road tax to good use RSA.

Muppets .

Advertisement