Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Raheny Shamrocks Winter League

• 27-11-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭

The Fit 4 Life League has finished and the new Winter League is going to kick off with true wintery conditions this Wednesday at 8pm. Register in the club house before ~ 7:30pm. There will be 8 rounds and you can pay for the 8 at a reduced rate. I don't know the prices, sorry. Usually €5 or 6 per race.

The dates and distances are as follows:
    Wed 1 Dec Rd1 3 miles
    Wed 8 Dec Rd2 2 mls
    Wed 12 Jan Rd3 3 mls
    Wed 26 Jan Rd4 2 mls
    Wed 9 Feb Rd5 3 mls
    Wed 23 Feb Rd6 2 mls
    Wed 9 Mar Rd7 1 ml
    Wed 13 Apr Raheny Mile (incl Winter League Rd 8) 1 mile

Also up and coming races are:

Christmas Day Goal Mile Sat 25th Dec, 11am - 1500metres

AXA Raheny 5 mile, Sun 30th Jan, 3pm - 5 miles

Holland Cup, Wed 6th April, 7:30pm, - 3 miles

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

€7 per race or €30 for the series. See you on the start line :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭El Director

Hi lads. Just wondering if the first round of the league will go ahead tomorrow if these conditions persist?

highly highly doubtful lads, the 1m course roads are quiet and therefore iced up pretty bad

I really hope they have the sense to call it off. I'd be coming from Blanch and I am determined to do 6 of the 8, I know I will be missing DEc 8th and Feb 23 so if it's on tonight I will be stupid enough to travel!

Official word in - it's OFF

• Advertisement

Postponed again this week lads, in case there was any doubt. Starts Weds week - the 15th with a (brrrr, chilly) 3 miler

Rd 1 tonight

I fell off the bike last night, ankle is swollen so not sure I'll be toeing the line. I'll be down to support if I'm not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Hi christeb, i won't make it tonight but would plan on doing a few in the new year. Enjoy the summer league and good for a bit of speed work.

Have the rest of the schedule been refixed yet due to the last few weeks bad weather? If so, can you post it up when you have it.

Thanks,

C

Rd 2 is confirmed for Weds week, 22nd Dec. I'll be away unfortunately.

17:37 for me tonight, very happy with the way things panned out in the end. Laps were pretty consistent and took a couple of scalps from the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

christeb wrote: »
    Rd 2 is confirmed for Weds week, 22nd Dec. I'll be away unfortunately.

17:37 for me tonight, very happy with the way things panned out in the end. Laps were pretty consistent and took a couple of scalps from the club.

Nice time Brian... Looking good for the 29:59 for the raheny 5 in Jan ?

• Advertisement

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Nice time Brian... Looking good for the 29:59 for the raheny 5 in Jan ?

time translates as 30:17 over 5 so if I can absorb a bit more training in the next 4-5 weeks then I should be close to breaking that one. It would be a perfect start to the year!

(obviously) postponed for tomorrow night - which is good cos I'll hopefully be in a different country :)

Train safe and we'll see you back on the circuit in the New Year

Rd 2 is next week lads, Weds 12th. I believe it's a 2 miler. I would say Rd 3 would be the 19th, with the 4th Rd being Feb to allow for a break before the Raheny 5.

Rd 2 is next week lads, Weds 12th. I believe it's a 2 miler. I would say Rd 3 would be the 19th, with the 4th Rd being Feb to allow for a break before the Raheny 5.

Thanks dude, plan to make both myself.

Hi Christeb, is the 2 mile race still going ahead on Wednesday evening? The website doesn't give any details. Thanks

Hey - yep we're racing on Weds, although I'm led to believe it's actually another 3 miler.

hey lads, is the club house in the same place as the reg for the raheny 5 miler?
    Also are there shower facilities? Cheers.

clubhouse is here - green door beside the Scout Den. There are showerse, never used 'em but I think they're fine.

Perfect race conditions tonight for my first Raheny Winter league race. Nice to finally put two faces to two names, Macanri and Christeb. Nice to meet ye lads and strong running from both of you.

Enjoyed it too as always and good to nearly do even splits for each mile. hope to make next week too.

• Advertisement

I think the next race is in two weeks actually, a 2 miler.

Have the results been posted for last weeks race yet? I cannot find them if so. Cheers.

Have the results been posted for last weeks race yet? I cannot find them if so. Cheers.

Nein, our webmaster was away in America for a few weeks and is playing catch up. Not sure if they'll make it up...

Thanks Christeb, would you believe http://www.rahenyshamrock.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1493&Itemid=51

Fair play to him/her!

Rd 4 tonight

Results

Happy with my 11:29 - PB. I slowed by ca. 4-5 seconds finishing to try to keep some juice in the legs for Sunday. Started out pretty strong (5:38) as I didn't want any of lads sheltering in behind me on All Saints Rd, as that'd be asking for trouble. Resulted in a lonely race but I never saw them.

Pretty sure the enxt round is week after next - 3rd Feb.

Next Rd on tomorrow - the site is a bit slow for me but I think it's a 3 miler. I'll be giving it a miss, if someone sees me togged on the start line please trip me up in the first 100m :)

Next Rd on tomorrow - the site is a bit slow for me but I think it's a 3 miler. I'll be giving it a miss, if someone sees me togged on the start line please trip me up in the first 100m :)

I'll be there. This time with a target of beating my last 3 miler there a month ago - 20:08 :) here goes.

Good night for racing with a little drizzle. Bettered my time by nearly a minute so happy out. Well done again Raheny on a good race.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

I notice the final results are up since Friday, Disappointed they did'nt include those with chip problems.

JosDel wrote: »
    I notice the final results are up since Friday, Disappointed they did'nt include those with chip problems.

Think you meant this for the Raheny 5 mile race JS.

Hey guys, any idea when the divisions will be posted up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Think you meant this for the Raheny 5 mile race JS.

Sorry El d wrong thread

still waiting for them El D - I imagine we'll get 'em on Weds.

Quick update, the names of the league leaders were in the Raheny News (4pgs, costs 20c!). One of the lads showed it to me briefly yesterday before training.

James Kelly is leading Div 1, Yours truly is leading Div 2 and I didn't really catch the rest. Apologies ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Donagh Lynch Memorial Race
    Wed 23 Feb - 2 mile race - part of the winter league - guess your time - no watches allowed.

From the new Raheny Shamrocks website: www.rahenyshamrock.ie

DONAGH Lynch was tragically killed in a skiing accident on February 1, 2009. Even though he had only joined the club seven months previously he made an indelible impression. Apart from possessing all the attributes necessary to have a successful career in athletes, such was his outgoing personality that he quickly immersed himself in all aspects of the club's activities.

Typically his last contact with the club was during the 2009 Raheny 5 road race when he gave up the opportunity to take part in the race and acted as a steward instead. In his last competitive race he had set a personal best time in the Winter League in a two mile race.

To honour his memory the club staged the Donagh Lynch Memorial 2 mile race for the first time last year. This year's race takes place on this Wednesday night, February, 23 at 8pm over two miles. It is also a round of the club's Winter League Series.

The Donagh Lynch Memorial trophy will be presented to the athlete who is closest to predicting his or her finishing time thus giving all participants an equal chance of winning silverware. In the event of a tie the trophy goes to the person with the slowest time. The first winner of the trophy was Sean McGoldrick.

The entry fee is €10 or €5 to anyone who has already entered the Winter League series. Registration takes place in the clubhouse (behind the Raheny Scout Den) from 7.15pm. The presentation takes place upstairs in the Watermill Bar after the race. Light refreshments will also be served.

The league tables are now up in the results section on rahenyshamrock.ie

I'm not sure how the tables/points are calculated...anybody enlighten me? :confused:

The league tables are now up in the results section on rahenyshamrock.ie

I'm not sure how the tables/points are calculated...anybody enlighten me? :confused:

Placing within your division - the lower the better (I think). Either way I'm destined for mid-table mediocrity. Just call me Liverpool

Placing within your division - the lower the better (I think). Either way I'm destined for mid-table mediocrity. Just call me Liverpool

Cheers for that, kinda thought that alright. The very best of luck in Barca on Sunday man too.

Does the new website give any details of when the next round is on?

I know there's one on the 30th but wasn't there one down for the 9th, a 1 mile race?

Christeb can you shed any light on this? Thanks

• Advertisement

chinguetti wrote: »
    Does the new website give any details of when the next round is on?

I know there's one on the 30th but wasn't there one down for the 9th, a 1 mile race?

Christeb can you shed any light on this? Thanks

yep 1 miler on Weds next, the 9th. Speed merchants on your marks :)

Well lads, I believe the last race of the league is tomorrow night. 1 mile all out shoot out! Mac can wrap up Div 2 for the series I see.

Well lads, I believe the last race of the league is tomorrow night. 1 mile all out shoot out! Mac can wrap up Div 2 for the series I see.

I'll be down to check it out, would love to give the legs a blast out but I'm a prisoner in a (still) broken-clavicled body!

Advertisement