Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Pub for a First Date

Options
  • 27-11-2010 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭

So I'm getting back on the horse and having my first promising date on Sunday for the first time after a harsh break-up.

Any thoughts or suggestions on a nice pub to meet this lady? Somewhere quiet enough to talk and maybe get a bit of grub too would be nice.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

The Mill in tallaght is a nice enuf spot and the food is gorgeous, I'd recommend the steak sandwich, very nice indeed..

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Market Bar off Georges Street. They don't play any blaring music and do some great tapas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Daisy!

The Market Bar off Georges Street. They don't play any blaring music and do some great tapas.

Another vote for the Market Bar. Best of luck with the date, always hard to get back out there after a break up. Hope it goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭richardjjd

That's a great idea. Offers an opportunity to have a quiet conversation but there's generally enough of a crowd there that you can people watch if conversation slows down a tad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Nice one, Market Bar it is so. Thanks for the suggestions, hopefully all will go well!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Hamiltonion

No Name bar on Fade St, opposite Market Bar. Its above le Gueton. Amazing selection, decor and smoking area and a lot more intimate than Marketbar which is rather cavernous

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

The Church on Jervis Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

No Name bar on Fade St, opposite Market Bar. Its above le Gueton. Amazing selection, decor and smoking area and a lot more intimate than Marketbar which is rather cavernous
    The Church on Jervis Street.

Pretty sure your both a bit too late on this one!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

The Porterhouse bars/pubs do really nice food and the beer selection will give you something to talk about. Have been in the one in Phibsboro and the food is great but pretty sure its the same menu in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

kmart6 wrote: »
    Pretty sure your both a bit too late on this one!

People will one day search for "good first date pub in dublin" and be linked to this page.

And from now on any ladies who are brought there on a first date will be day-dreaming of me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

Everything went well :D despite us being 2 of the 8 people in the whole Market Bar! As Hamiltonian said it's quite cavernous especially when it's that empty, so we moved on after a few drinks.

That said it was quiet and had a nice bite to eat too, so I'd recommend it to others, definitely as somewhere to meet for a few before going elsewhere.

Thanks again for all the suggestions, I'll keep in mind the late ones as a spot for date number 2:)

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Dont go for food on a first date! If you have any kind of annoying eating habits you could get the cut! Dakota Bar on Southwilliam street is great for a 1st date. Quiet enough to talk, loud enough to not get awkward, stylish and comfortable, reasonable prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

reasonable prices.

Eh... no
    But otherwise I'd agree with you. I don't particularly like it but it's suitable for a first date

Advertisement