Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

neck warmers

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I usually wear gloves in the winter playing Astro. Though I've a broken finger now and can't get the glove on over my splint! Came in from a game yesterday and my hands were f*cking freezing!

Don't see the point in the scarves though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

damn those neck warmers, without em soccer would still be seen as the most manliest sport on the planet :rolleyes:

i think it was jim rome who said, "soccer the only sport in the world where the referees are tougher than the combatants"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Under armour hurts the nipples!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I think its because alot of players come from warmer climates. They wouldnt be used to playing in these conditions in lets say France, Spain and portugel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,468 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SM01 wrote: »
    Just in from a match about 35 mins ago. No base layer, gloves or cycling shorts. Given the option though I'd have worn them and a snood, no problem. It's fookin' freezing out there and some eejit calling me 'ghey' is water off a ducks back.

Bought a cantabury long sleve base layer the other day, along with a pair of addidas sports gloves - played footie that night and they were freaking awesome. will be buying a few more sets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Bought a cantabury long sleve base layer the other day, along with a pair of addidas sports gloves - played footie that night and they were freaking awesome. will be buying a few more sets.

No.1 item on my christmas list so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Pauleta wrote: »
    Im wearing one right now. A fine €2 investment in Penneys. I also wear black leggings in these cold months. The options are be cold or not be cold. I take the not be cold option. Simples :cool:

But you are female? Yes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭PARKHEAD67

Good lad. Annother couple of weeks and you can sign up to ballet classes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭flas

nothing worse than coming off the pitch and your hands and fingers are so numb from the cold you cant untie your boots! stand in the dressing room huddled around the radiators and then the pins and needles start!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

What's with this underarmour stuff? I tried one of those tops thinking must be great for the cold weather but the tightness of it makes me even colder. Normal long sleeve thsirt feels much better to me. Ami doing something wrong? I bought a cheapie can't remember the name.

They are handy to have, I only started wearing mine recently again from taking a break with them, it's always a little cold at first but after 30 seconds they warm up. You could also be trying on the wrong type as with the Canterbury ones there are hot and cold ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

mike65 wrote: »
    Henry was the first player to wear tights routinely in winter I think.

John Barnes used to wear tights and gloves regularly for the Pool in winter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You can take the boy out of Jaimaca!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't see the problem with it......if you are from South America this weather is freezing, amd they wouldn't be used to it so anything that helps keep them warm is fine by me and they obviously don't care how they look.

Reminds of years ago, I had a stewarding job at Leopardstown races and all the jockeys, tough as they are, wear ladies tights in the winter.

I remember going to the toilet once in the jockey room and seeing grown men in jockey's silks standing in front of urinals with the tights pulled down around their knees while they did their business, one of the most comical and surreal sights I have ever seen! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

As long as it doesn't stop them from playing well they can wear top hats and monices for all I care. (hmm, top hats...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't see the problem with it......if you are from South America this weather is freezing.....

I'm from Ireland, i can confirm this weather is feckin FREEZING, and never get used to it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

An awful lot of people not comfortable with their sexuality in this thread IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

When I visit hot countries I keep my head in the shade as much as possible because the heat kills me. Its something about my face being hot that I cant stand. Its why I don't like Sauna's or Steam rooms.

So if I apply that logic to people from hot countries who come here, then I can see why they would wear layers of clothes on areas I normally wouldn't. Its only ridiculous when its the baggy ones like Tevez and Ashley Young wear/wore. Not cause they're ghey..... cause they look stupid.

Was running along the sea front a few hours before it snowed in Dublin the other night and my ears and face and neck have never been so cold that it hurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

My worst fears about the soccer board confirmed when I see the number of thanks the pansies get for supporting the wearing of neck scarfs.

If you need one (as an outfield player) then you aren't doing enough running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    I think its because alot of players come from warmer climates. They wouldnt be used to playing in these conditions in lets say France, Spain and portugel.

Many parts of France would be much, much colder than the British Isles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Tbh, anyone noticing the fashion when you should be concentrating on the football is the real f*cking panzy.

Let them wear whatever they bloody want as long as they do the business on the pitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

if they wear them seriously who gives a fook:rolleyes:have people nothing better to do then give out about something that is harming noone.....bitch moan moan bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Boskowski wrote: »
    What's with this underarmour stuff? I tried one of those tops thinking must be great for the cold weather but the tightness of it makes me even colder. Normal long sleeve thsirt feels much better to me. Ami doing something wrong? I bought a cheapie can't remember the name.

I stopped wearing my Nike one as it was too tight and I had trouble breathing in it.I got an xl one and it was like a 10 year olds top.Ridiculous thing.
    I am of medium build too,I'd hate to see a big boned person wearing an xl one.
    I use a ski vest now instead ,much better fit and keeps me warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

if it makes the players on my team play better they can wear what the fcuk they want...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I have nothing against neck warmers or anything.

If it's freezing cold I usually wear gloves and a long sleeve jersey if I can. Even when I'm not playing in a match. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

One answer, morphsuits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Where can one invest in one of these?

They're must-have.

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Where can one invest in one of these?

They're must-have.

They have them in penneys for 2 euro!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    They have them in penneys for 2 euro!
    Brilliant. I'm not ashamed, I mightn't be Carlos Tevez but it's bloody cold in Ireland and I could do with one!

Here's an article and some photos on the snood. Mainstream or what?!

http://backpagefootball.com/featured/photo-special-the-snood/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

For people who aren't playing sport and are buying them, they've been around for years and are probably cheaper, called scarves or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

Wearing gloves/tights/snoodies or whatever will keep an athletes body that little bit warmer, thus aiding him have that little bit more acceleration / avoid injury / get on the end of that fizzed ball into the box...

Nothing wrong with that in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Xavi6 wrote: »
    I want one with the Liverpool crest on it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

1291671789_0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

thats in my christmas stocking this year please santy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Just Contribute

I'm getting a neckwarmer snood tomorrow! :cool:

Advertisement