Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

our family table?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭

has anyone bought this yet i am thining of gettin it for my mam for xmas but not sure if the recipes are any good i love the idea of the book just hope its as good as i think it will be

any reviews??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭jendafer1

Havent gotten it myself but was curious from your question - its getting great reviews on amazon:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Our-Family-Table-Julie-Goodwin/dp/1741669685

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

thanks i never thought to check out reviews on amazon think im really starting to loose it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Where are you getting it from? Amazon don't seem to be stocking it at the moment and someone is cashing in. £82.95. Buy several copies and sell the spares:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭danois

lol might not be a bad idea ill tell you where im getting it after i have it if its that popular lol

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Millypenny

I bought the book a few months ago from Amazon. It's a nice enough book but there aren't really any unusual recipes in it, most of the recipes are for standard family meals, and fairly simple meals at that e.g. meatballs, lasange etc.

I have made a few recipes from the book e.g. lemon muffins, chicken parmigiana etc. which turned out very nice. Her "famous" Lemon diva cupcakes were nice, but the muffin recipe is just the standard recipe with the zest of 2-3 lemons added.

If you don't have many recipe books then it would be a good one to buy, but if you're an experienced cook and have a large collection of cookbooks (as I have) then you won't find anything unique or outstanding about the book.

• Advertisement
Advertisement