Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

girl begging with backwards legs

Options
  • 28-11-2010 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭

Anyone see this one. Girl begging in town on her knees but her legs are pointed out in front of her and were unconvered. She was in the middle of the path outside penneys on the pana side, aggressively begging. Then went to get something to eat in paul street and when i came out she was outside tesco.

F**king annoying. Im very very sympathetic to people with physical problems but this was a bloody unsightly freak show. Horrible to look at. Kids were terrified. Can we get this roma scum out of the city, it ruins the place. Shame on people for giving these gangsters money, youre only encouraging them.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I was in Madrid in 2008 and was in the Puerto Del Sol, which is a circular street with no roads and is the dead center of Madrid. There was a Roma with her 2 arms half "finished", not an amputation just not complete and she was waving them around asking for money. She had a sign saying "Tengo hambre" which means "I'm hungry" in Spanish and "Dinero" below that which means money.

Then there was a Roma man with no arms at all running around with a money-cup in his mouth, shaking it around and everything. I wonder who gives them the signs and cups :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

eurokev wrote: »
    Anyone see this one. Girl begging in town on her knees but her legs are pointed out in front of her and were unconvered. She was in the middle of the path outside penneys on the pana side, aggressively begging. Then went to get something to eat in paul street and when i came out she was outside tesco.

F**king annoying. Im very very sympathetic to people with physical problems but this was a bloody unsightly freak show. Horrible to look at. Kids were terrified. Can we get this roma scum out of the city, it ruins the place. Shame on people for giving these gangsters money, youre only encouraging them.

When you say girl, how old was she? I'd be quite sympathetic if she was a child or a teenager, clearly her own parents/guardians are using her or manipulating her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Yep. The money's going into the wrong hands, but it amazes me how givish people are; I see plenty of auld grannies and studenty types leaving a tip.

I suspect you're not allowed to call Roma 'scum' here, not that I'd disagree with your sentiment though :) Ever heard the stories out of Eastern Europe about their goings on over there with the gypsies? I won't repeat them here, but it'd make you think twice before sending any money their way.
    eurokev wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

We had a lot of problems with Roma begging in Donegal ; aggressively so. Using babies etc.

We knew that they had more money coming in that we did; they used to complain that Vincent de Paul only gave them a little; they knew that they were getting housing etc.

It is a cultural thing; the first we saw was a small boy playing an accordion in the Diamond. Thankfully the Gardai were involved and that was stopped.

They are raised to beg so no shame felt.

At car boot sales, when Roma family came in the word would go round to watch your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Nothing will beat Dublin, I was followed down O'Connell Street by one. "Please, for baby" I just said what money I have is for my baby (I was skint that day only enough for my bus home and to get the one or two things I went into Dublin for) Then I saw her hand the baby to another one and she try more people.

Why are they allowed to do this to the children. If I had my son only half dressed on a cold day (like yesterday for example where I saw a few) and was using him like that Social services would have him out of my care within minutes. Why are these people threatened by the same. It is actually an act of racism AGAINST the Irish in our own country!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

I've seen that very girl on O'Connell St. in Limerick only this week. Scammers of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Ado75

I saw a man on O'Connell Street (Dublin) with the backward leg thing. The legs were rotated 180 degree from the knee so the were an L shape (i.e walking on his Tibia). It's too much of a coincidence to see the same diability in Cork and Limerick. This might seem extreme but I reckon this is done to them when they are kids by adults in their community so the can make more from begging. Kids are maimed and difigured in India for the same reasons and Roma are originally came from the Indian sub-continent in the middle ages. Roma are not a culture they are a blight.

I do feel sorry for Roma children though - brought up in that pig culture, they don't have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

So great to hear some people who actually dont think in a PC way. :) Its the people who give these money and first and foremost let them into the country which has them staying here :mad:
    Stop giving them money, then they will get bored, eventually, and hopefully leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭colm1234

Then they go out robbing after dont give these people money most of them claim benefits too, a lot of them will mame their children at a young age for the sole purpose of sending them out begging it makes idiots feel sorry for them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

colm1234 wrote: »
    Then they go out robbing after dont give these people money most of them claim benefits too, a lot of them will mame their children at a young age for the sole purpose of sending them out begging it makes idiots feel sorry for them

From what I read elsewhere here, that robbing you speak of is already going on in the Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

God the racism makes me sick. All very nice being born into a comfortable Western white family.....
    I understand people having issues with agressive begging but instead of labelling an entire ethnic group and making wildly agresive and racist statements maybe you should be wondering why it happens. It's a vicious cycle that won't be stopped by just kicking people off the streets or out of the country, it's a problem that Europe needs to deal with. I don't claim to have answers but the lack of compassion is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GarRo247

Villette wrote: »
    God the racism makes me sick. All very nice being born into a comfortable Western white family.....
    I understand people having issues with agressive begging but instead of labelling an entire ethnic group and making wildly agresive and racist statements maybe you should be wondering why it happens. It's a vicious cycle that won't be stopped by just kicking people off the streets or out of the country, it's a problem that Europe needs to deal with. I don't claim to have answers but the lack of compassion is horrible.

Lack of compassion is horrible? having to smell them as you walk by is horrible. You are also very wrong about what u said about "labelling an entire ethnic group" Roma are people that travel around and beg, thats the definition of them not a label, if you say all roma people are beggars you are right, becuase by definition if they dont bed they are not roma. And what i'm going to say now isn't labeling anyone its stating the facts, I work in a shop in a rough area of Dublin the shop has been robbed 15 times since January, 1 of the groups of people were from Ireland, the rest were all from the east of europe/aisa I think all of them were roma, and all of them have been caught, later 11 of those groups were found to have at least 1 illegal immigrant within them, roma are a horrible group of people and we need to get rid of them from out once nice to live in country

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭AmberAmber

I passed her in Tralee on thursday , i was walking down the streel half way between pennies and C&H chemist and just saw the way a few peoples faces were coming twards me and could see some thing was up or some thing a miss.

next thing i looked and saw walking stick and the legs , i just got such a surprize i could not bring my self to truly see the person .there was a roma girl she went up to on the street, i so wanted to turn around and look but could not.

So we have a pattern developing here where we can place her all over the country in a few days . some one must be driving them about !!!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

Blatant Racist remarks wont be tolerated here.
    As for the claims that it isn't racist because it is true...I know one such exception hence it is not.

eurokev and GarRo247 banned 7 days.

RoverJames Do Not avoid the profanity filter here to insult groups of people. Take this as a warning.

Thread Locked

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement