Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beckham to Everton?

• 28-11-2010 2:16am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, or at least if it has I couldn't find it.

http://www.setanta.com/ie/Articles/2010/11/27/Moyes-wants-Beckham-at-Everton/gnid-81973/
    David Beckham could be on his way back to the Premier League after Everton manager David Moyes offered him a short-term loan deal.

Beckham has spent two loan spells at AC Milan over the last two years and with the Major League Soccer season finished the former Manchester United player may take the opportunity to join another club on a short-term deal.

Moyes has expressed an interest in bringing Beckham to Goodison Park and hopes the 35-year-old moves back to England for the winter.

"I hope that if David wanted to come he would give me a call. He only needs to call me or Phil Neville," Moyes said.

"He knows how to get hold of Phil and he knows how to get hold of me.

"We would have to look into it financially. But if he came and said to me 'I would like to come and play' then I would have to go to the chairman and ask if we could make it work by selling enough replica shirts."

Beckham's Los Angeles Galaxy team-mate Landon Donovan spent a short-time with Everton last season and he has been offered another loan deal with the Toffees, but he has yet to make up his mind.

"Landon does not need to make up his mind until next month," Moyes added.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

fek that

he wont be going to Everton

yawnnnnnnnnnnnn

now landon is someone who can actually contribute something to the cause...

wonder is becks still determined to get a few more caps for England....he is well past it now, poor lad should retire now before he does himself some harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Wont happen. Beckhams been playing non stop for a few years until he got his injury which they put down to him playing too much for his age. Landon was very tired for The Galaxy as well towards the end of the season so i would rule him out as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cant see Beckham playing for anyone besides Utd in England

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Beckham pinging in crosses for Cahill to get on the end of. Decent prospect.

Can't see it happening though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Cant see Beckham playing for anyone besides Utd in England

Possibly, but I'm not sure Sheffield would suit the Beckhams

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Possibly, but I'm not sure Sheffield would suit the Beckhams

Hardeeharhar :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Man City should offer him £200k a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

I reckon he'd be good for Spurs, teach Bentley (who?) a thing or two about a thing or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He's been previously offered loan deals to come to spurs(His youth club) and West Ham so i'd say that is why it hasn't been posted transfer gossip section to be honest i would be amazed if it turned out to be any more than that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

CorkMan wrote: »
    Man City should offer him £200k a week.

And an extra £200k if he decides to play with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

That bit about about paying him out of the funds from replica shirts, is that Moyes Scottish humour pearing through?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Everton need the cash

so if we got becks for a free transfer and nominal (sub 500,000,000 a week :rolleyes:) wages.

whose to say we would not reap significant dividends based on apparel sales... :o:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i love how the article says everton have offered him a short term deal, yet the content of the article is based around moyes saying he hasnt spoken to him, or spoken about whether itd be doable with the club

Advertisement