Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tokens in the Bar

Options
  • 28-11-2010 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

saw during the week a report in the college tribune about a guy who found a place in dublin that do the same tokens as the bar. genius...

does anyone know where they got them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is this for the cigs or for pints?

Cause the bar recently switched over to using paper raffle tickets for pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 FiendishFriend

Not sure if i actually believe it, like they said in the report the bar only gives out a certain number of tokens and they would have noticed if they got more back than they gave out at the end of the night. If it did happen then i would doubt it was to the extent that the student claims in the report!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Hi Everyone

The SU would say that anyway as not to embarrasses themselves... they realistically have no way of keeping track of how many tokens are around the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is this for the cigs or for pints?

Yea it's for the pints man.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

saw during the week a report in the college tribune about a guy who found a place in dublin that do the same tokens as the bar. genius...

does anyone know where they got them?

Are they still taking those tokens? I'd be very surprised if they were given the shenanigans...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭the explorer

Tbh I'd rather if my €150 student services charge wasn't spent on free drink for class parties. €3 a pint is reasonable enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

My first thought when I read that story was: if you're drinking so much that the savings are worth the effort, you have bigger problems than the price of drink. Besides, you can get better beer for much less in Lidl, Aldi, or even Tesco. :rolleyes:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Tbh I'd rather if my €150 student services charge wasn't spent on free drink for class parties. €3 a pint is reasonable enough.

Not a single penny of that money goes to the SU, it is spent on the student centre's construction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

errlloyd wrote: »

Another reason is that they can regulate them better.

tink there are some pretty pissed off class reps caus they cant give them out to their friends anymore after the tribune report

• Advertisement

Fad wrote: »
    Not a single penny of that money goes to the SU, it is spent on the student centre's construction.

yes it does, the su have 700,000 euro from the reg fee this year

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

yes it does, the su have 700,000 euro from the reg fee this year

There's a difference between the tiny chunk of the reg fee that the SU get and the student centre fee (Over which they have no control....).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Fad wrote: »
    There's a difference between the tiny chunk of the reg fee that the SU get and the student centre fee (Over which they have no control....).

Yeah, one part is money being invested in something tangible that the students can use and enjoy, the other part goes to the SU.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I strongly object to free drink out of principal. Someone is paying for that, and whatever way you divide it up I'm sure most people wouldn't appreciate someone spending their hard earned money on alcohol for others. I'm not sure what the token value is to the SU but it has to be in the region of €2. Multiply that by class party's per week, its a lot of money, lets face it, going down the drain.

And yet we protest about a €1500 fee's increase? :confused:

Advertisement