Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lexmark playing up for last couple of months

• 28-11-2010 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

It's really difficult to know which Forum to put any/all sorts of computing-related Threads in. Please move accordingly thanks!

A thread on Lexmark printers in general. Any-else notice theirs causing difficulties over last couple of months. I have an X4580, and have re-curring scanning difficulties with it off and on, but now lately when I go to print something there's "missing component / corrupted" issues with it :rolleyes: If I try to re-install Driver, a couple of steps into the installing process, - I get a box message telling me to re-start computer to launch it. But em a.f.a.I.k. wouldn't it need to install it first in order to launch anything?!? So I re-boot and when I turn my computer back on again there's no Lexmark application there to launch, (obviously not as it hasn't even installed anything lol!) so I end up re-installing software again and it's back to the same thing again a couple of steps in .... Re-start my computer .... This is the absolute pits, this was a fairly expensive Printer and I can't believe it's just giving up like this.

Any-one else notice lately that Lexmark is quite suddenly turning into total sh1te ..... Me thinks Lexmark could be heading for the .....

And actually even though I was having scanning difficulties the printing facility still worked fine, even with attempts to re-install etc., I used System Restore to get the Printer back again. I relied on System Restore to use my Printer when I realised that re-installing software seems to have become faulty/corrupt ..... But, - I can't get System Restore back from over 5 days ago ..... So I'm screwed now .... :( I need a couple of weeks ago to get back into the use-able Lexmark software where I could at least print.

But System Restore is no good to me when I need to go back farther in time .... :( Now I can't even print and I'll have to throw the Printer out ..... :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Your problem is probably that the lexmark software is not completely removed.
    Thy the following download
    http://swdownloads.lexmark.com/Patches/Cleanup/CleanupUtility.exe
    Uninstall the Lexmark driver as usual. Now use this clean up utility to remove any remaining components.
    Reboot and reinstall driver.
    Could you please post the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Did the Clean-up, re-booted and re-installed Driver. Went to install Driver and this is what came up .... (ie: still same message I had been getting as in my first post.)

LexmarkInstallBootmsg.jpg

I have Vista myself, but have noticed on Lexmark's Website that the Drivers don't seem to be called different things for the differing Operating Systems .... Like if ya go in to get Windows 7 Driver it doesn't seem to even differentiate between 32-bit and 64-bit, (I may be wrong on this but can't seem to see how ya know which Driver you're downloading so it looks a bit suspicious to me.)

But on this following link in the Drivers Section on the Lexmark Site; ----> http://support.lexmark.com/index?docLocale=en_US&page=content&segType=firmwareSegmentMICROSOFT&id=DR737&locale=EN&userlocale=EN_UK

It is a download for new Firmware update to address AIO issues for Vista 32-bit which is my O.S. so I'm just wondering would this have anything to do with why Driver won't install for me .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Can you press the x on the reboot required dialog box ?

If so then cancel the installation and check in the Control Panel to see if the printer is actually installed.

Another option is to reboot the computer when the printer is disconnected, then re-connect if an installation routine appears cancel it.

If I x/okay that message the Lexmark stuff just goes off the screen and nothing happens. Lexmark Printer isn't already installed in my C.P. no. Have tried dis-connecting - re-booting etc., but nothing installs or gets recognized etc.

Any-one got any help on this for me ..... :( Or any ways I can go back to a System Restore of about 6-7 weeks ago when I at least had my Printer someways working and was able to avail of the print function anyway ..... :(

(I'm just wondering why I haven't got a big response on this at all??!! :( I'd assume there'd be a load of folk in general that'd be used to tinkering around with Printers and bringing them back to life etc? Or is it just because it's a known-fact that Lexmark are a pile of poop lol .....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭WildOscar

If I x/okay that message the Lexmark stuff just goes off the screen and nothing happens. Lexmark Printer isn't already installed in my C.P. no. Have tried dis-connecting - re-booting etc., but nothing installs or gets recognized etc.

Any-one got any help on this for me ..... :( Or any ways I can go back to a System Restore of about 6-7 weeks ago when I at least had my Printer someways working and was able to avail of the print function anyway ..... :(

(I'm just wondering why I haven't got a big response on this at all??!! :( I'd assume there'd be a load of folk in general that'd be used to tinkering around with Printers and bringing them back to life etc? Or is it just because it's a known-fact that Lexmark are a pile of poop lol .....)
    did you try the clean up utility as in Dulchies's suggestion
    Your problem is probably that the lexmark software is not completely removed.
    Thy the following download
    http://swdownloads.lexmark.com/Patch...nupUtility.exe
    Uninstall the Lexmark driver as usual. Now use this clean up utility to remove any remaining components.
    Reboot and reinstall driver.
    Could you please post the result.

• Advertisement

Yeah I did the Clean-up.

Advertisement