Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Describing your belief?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 4:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭

What would you call yourself? A skeptic in the paranormal, a believer, Open minded skeptic, cynic?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

All of the above, depending on the circumstances and what we are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

I'm a minister of reason and honesty.

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I go where the evidence points. Of course, I have my a priori opinions on certain outlandish claims, but I'm open to persuasion. I don't care whether bigfoot is roaming around the USA, UFOs have visited earth, people can read minds, communicate with the dead, etc. Actually, most of that stuff is pretty cool, so it'd be sweet if it were true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Submarines, a global Earth, satellites, people in space, etc were all considered 'paranormal' not so very long ago, as was hypnosis, heart surgery, transplants, etc.
    Evolution reduces paranormal to nomal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

hiorta wrote: »
    Submarines, a global Earth, satellites, people in space, etc were all considered 'paranormal' not so very long ago, as was hypnosis, heart surgery, transplants, etc.
    Evolution reduces paranormal to nomal.

So you saying now that we can send people to space and do heart transplants that these are paranormal activities. There is a difference between science fiction and the paranormal. There is also a difference between technological advancements ristricted by the laws of physics and paranormal.

Evolution reduces the paranormal to normal? What does that even mean? Thats a nonsensical statement.

• Advertisement
Advertisement