Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Three like these days?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭

Hi all

So thinking of switching over to these guys, they seem to have competitive tariffs ...thing is I've only heard bad things about them. What's the network like these days? Is it reliable for calls and texts? How's the billing? Consistent and accurate?

Any feedback would be great :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Well billing is very hard to get wrong as its all done by computer, as for calls and texts its reasonably reliable, as you have the Vodafone network to fall back on. Now their customer service, its well known to be awful, and i cant see that changing any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Thanks for that. Actually, billing is very hard to get right. Billing inconsistencies are more common than what many people preceive.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

I've been with 3 for nearly 2 years now. I can honestly say that I have not had a single billing problem. The network is (for my usage and in my experience) the best 3G network in the country, by a country mile.

The most focussed point is the customer service. The staff themselves are helpful, increasingly following the script less and less and using some common sense. The problem is that Irish people don't annunciate words well and we speak very quickly, even native english speakers have trouble understanding us, at times! There is a new talk to...3 forum here, which seems to get a lot of problems solved.

I have recommended 3 to many family and friends. We have all saved a fortune. How often do you call customer service?

How does network reliability and consistency compare to Vodafone or O2? I've heard that dropped calls are more frequent with Three. I'm not really bothered by customer care so much, having to deal with customer care in general is a pain in the hole so I'm sure in the case of Three it's just a matter of degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Im with 3 for years and never really suffered from many dropped calls. Meteor were a lot worse when I was with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

I've been with them over 4 years, I've never had any issues with drop outs, their customer care has improved significantly since they opened one in waterford and as per billing I've never had an issue.
    my rating A+

rgds
    Zeppi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

There good with their deals but there not the best tbh. Coverage isnt the best - will randomly decide to go, ill move my phone a foot to the left, it works :confused: But their 20 euro monthly deal is the best out of all the networks! unlimited free texts for the entire months and free calls to any number at the weekend! Cant beat that :D Mine run out in like 2 days and I still have 15 euro credit :D

Well worth it in the end, go for it!! Though the most annoying thing is checking our credit. They dont have a number that just tells you your cred, you have to ring them, listen to them blab on about some sh*t offer you dont want, then finally get to hear your account information.Oh, and they BLARE MUSIC in your ears at the start of the phone call - Ive had an earache for the past week or so, Im definite its their fault :rolleyes:

But apart from the checking your cred, its grand!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

bd250110 wrote: »

The most focussed point is the customer service. The staff themselves are helpful, increasingly following the script less and less and using some common sense. The problem is that Irish people don't annunciate words well and we speak very quickly, even native english speakers have trouble understanding us, at times! There is a new talk to...3 forum here, which seems to get a lot of problems solved.
    What customer centre have you been ringing? :confused: The guy in the CW shop even warned me that the customer service is a bunch of Indian people who suck. I tried to ring them, took forever to get through, then was noisy and couldnt hear a thing they were saying.... The are the best network money wise, but they couldnt give a rats ass about customers problems tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

The way I look at it:
    Bills are due every month, customer care is called once or twice in the contract. Why spend more than you need to? (Provided 3 have good/comparable coverage where you use your phone)

Cheers everyone. Sounds like they do exactly what they say on the tin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

muffinz wrote: »
    Though the most annoying thing is checking our credit. They dont have a number that just tells you your cred, you have to ring them, listen to them blab on about some sh*t offer you dont want, then finally get to hear your account information.Oh, and they BLARE MUSIC in your ears at the start of the phone call - Ive had an earache for the past week or so, Im definite its their fault :rolleyes:

But apart from the checking your cred, its grand!!

You check your balance through My3 which if it's a 3 phone has a bookmark under favourites, if it's not a 3 phone you just bookmark it. Launch My3, click 'Check My Balance'. Takes about 15 seconds. Not much difference than having to go into your messages and send a text, get a reply and open it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

They're fine until you have an issue with their network, then they make you want to slit your wrists they know so little. Had some awful experiences to say the least. And their mast in my area has constant outages, and it doesn't help that it's a rural area cause then when I ring up they say it's working fine :mad:

Advertisement