Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road conditions in Greystones

Options
  • 28-11-2010 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Morning everyone - been away for a weekend in th UK and flying back to this afternoon. Just wondering whats the best and safest road to drive back into Greystones to get to Blacklion Manor? Is Windgates passable today (I heard it was gritted yesterday)? Or is it better to approach via the N11 Charlesland turnoff and head up through the village?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

The Aircoach is passing Blacklion at the appropriate times, so that pretty much means Windgates is passable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 paulobrien2000

nickhx wrote: »
    Morning everyone - been away for a weekend in th UK and flying back to this afternoon. Just wondering whats the best and safest road to drive back into Greystones to get to Blacklion Manor? Is Windgates passable today (I heard it was gritted yesterday)? Or is it better to approach via the N11 Charlesland turnoff and head up through the village?

Cheers!

Yeah windgates is fine,,drove down at about 8.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

Just drive Windgates, still fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭nickhx

Great. Thanks everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Most of the main roads are good to drive on. Late afternoon will be freezing again, drive carefully.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 48 AnneRyan

I'm sure you all know about the live webcam in Kilmacanogue - great for showing local road conditions

http://michaelr.camstreams.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

Any idea what the roads will be like around 7am. I need to be near town at 9...

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Son of Jack

I use the Dublin Bus website

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/News-Centre/Travel-News/Weather-Disruptions/

At the moment the 84 is going out as far as Greystones but not going as far as Kilcoole or Newcastle.

The 184 is only going as far as Charlesland, not going as far as Delgany or Kilpeddar.

I'd check it again in the morning for an update as it is hard to predict what conditions will be like.

Advertisement