Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TouchOSC LiveControl and Live 8

Options
  • 28-11-2010 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

anyone on a mac using the setup of Ableton 8, controlled by LiveControl via TouchOSC at all?

i bought TouchOSC and have followed the supposed installation instructions for that, for Live Control and can see TouchOSC within the control surface prefernces within Live, but the thing doesn't work...

the instructions on this page are a little bit confusing, especially at the Install and Configure LiveControl section...
    Run “Install LiveControl.rar”, this will install the MIDI Remote Script into your Ableton Live Directory. When prompted selected your Ableton Directory in the format Live x.x.x

wtf does that mean? the installer, "LiveController Installer.jar" is a wonky looking thing that simply defaults to "/Applications//" and then offers the very scary warning "The directory already exists! Are you sure you want to install here and possibly overwrite already existing files?" no matter WHERE you try and install the files.

i steered the thing to the User/Library/Preferences/Ableton/Live 8.2.1 folder and installed, and yeah, sure, TouchOSC appears in the Control Surfaces list but nothing happens when it's selected. the iTouch connects to the wi-fi netork, sees the computer and recognises the TouchOSC Editor file so all is good on that end.

anyone have any advice? damned thing is frustrating the sh!t outta me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭lazyatom

ahhh... ok. i am an idiot.

seems that you simply install the LiveController into the Application folder itself. then, when you open Live up, LiveControl becomes visible within the Contrl Surface menu.

looks like i was seeing the TouchOSC in there and assumed that's what i should be choosing.

like i said, ich bin ein idiotenvershplunkendorf.

Advertisement