Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonliffe Rd closed due to incident

Options
  • 28-11-2010 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

its sunday morning and just saw on aa roadwatch that clonliffe rd is closed (to traffic and pedestrians) from ballybough road to drumcondra - anyone know why? only live about 200m from it but a bit lazy to head down and look!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭seniorolaighin

ta for that - didnt realise there was a thread already.

I can't make out where its coming from, is that looking towards Ballybough after Distillery road?

Ah, its looking towards Drumcondra at Clonliffe ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭BluesBerry

It was squatters in McCaughys shop the gaurds came to remove them they rioted and set fire to the place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

BluesBerry wrote: »
    It was squatters in McCaughys shop the gaurds came to remove them they rioted and set fire to the place

I'm a right of centre guy... And I really do hate squatters rights... But ffs, what the fuck is going on when down-and-out, homeless people are being turfed out onto the street on the coldest and snowiest night of the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

hi

when does anyone think it will be open again? because i live down clonliffe for college but was down home for the weekend and i dont want to travel up only to find it was a wasted journey that i cant even get into my house :(

I'm sure it was only closed to traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭Angry Troll

discus wrote: »
    I'm a right of centre guy... And I really do hate squatters rights... But ffs, what the fuck is going on when down-and-out, homeless people are being turfed out onto the street on the coldest and snowiest night of the year?

you have a point here with the cold and all, yet to me breaking into a place and then setting fire to it is simply not acceptable under any circumstances and those squatters should go to jail. nice and warm there too.

walked past the scene this morning on my way to work, looks pretty bad…

Advertisement