Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you fit and healthy?

Options
  • 28-11-2010 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭

Just caught an elderly neighbour walking (the wrong way) home with his walking stick, no gloves, no hat. I found this very same fella on his back on a sheet of ice last year. If your fit and healthy take a walk and keep an eye out. These psychos are insisting on going to mass and the shops and they are not great on the pins.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I saw a frail old man pushing his wheelie zimmer today. These people are not psychos, just tough as old boots and sometimes they just have to go and get vittles just like the rest of us. Bless 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    These people are not psychos, just tough as old boots

They are not. They think they are. The dude I caught was going the wrong way, he had lost his bearings and landmarks in the snow, so help if you can. Drop in on them, offer to go to the shops or walk them home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Was waitintg on the bus to Terenure the other evening..an owl one charged the queue with her umbrella facing forward like a Spartan spear and barged her way onto the bus...her momentum and the ice carried her about ten feet at full tilt..very dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

John_Rambo wrote: »
    They are not. They think they are. The dude I caught was going the wrong way, he had lost his bearings and landmarks in the snow, so help if you can. Drop in on them, offer to go to the shops or walk them home.

I know what you mean - and they definitely think they can look after themselves. Pride. It goes before.....well, you know. Yes we should be looking after the elderly. It will be us soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I'm partially fit and partially healthy.

I know of several elderly people who feel they 'have to' go to mass, even in this weather. I guess they been brainwashed by the church so long that they can't see any other alternative (like staying at home and praying).

• Advertisement
Advertisement