Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Garuntor Questions

Options
  • 28-11-2010 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

I have been looking into taking out a student loan, and for the amount I need I would need a garuntor.
    Unfortunatley the only person I would feel comfotable asking already has a loan, though not a student one. Would this person still be able to be my garuntor?

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

They would be able to go as a guarantor providing that they meet credit criteria with their existing loan. Basically the bank will assess whether or not they could afford to pay both loans (in the event that you are unable to pay yours). A lot of the students who I encounter having to get guarantors usually have their parents, who usually have a mortgage or loans already.

Advertisement