Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sponsoring a child

• 28-11-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi all,

I've decided that I want to sponsor a child in the 3rd world and help someone improve their chances of getting a better life. I'm lucky enough to have a good job but feel there is so much inequality in the world that i want to do something and make a difference even if it is small. What i want to know is has anyone experience of child sponsorship? I looked at the World Vision website which seemed ok but want to make sure my money is making a difference and not just throwing it where it won' be best used.

Not sure where else this thread should go, feel free to move if deemed appopriate.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Sponsoring a child is almost gone now totally. There's more of an emphasis on giving to the charity/school to help them support all the children. However if you wish to I've heard good things about SOS Children's Villages.

Also, a lot will tell you you're sponsoring a child, but in reality it's a general donation to the charity. The above charity say they do not do that however.

You could also set up a standing donation to Barnardos or one of Ireland's educational charities.

Advertisement