Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

www.redfox.ie Sligo based eBay Style website

Options
  • 28-11-2010 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Just met the owner of this comapny he's going around promoting his new website. Its looks like a local based Ebay for Sligo.

www.redfox.ie

5 euro free if you sign up before christmas.
    I think this 5 euro can only cover the fees on the site, not sure as it unclear.

I have no connection with this company.

Good to see Sligo Entrepreneur out there.

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

To me it just looks like a copy of ebay.ie but obviously as it's still new there isn't much uploaded for sale.
    Doesn't appear to be a local website, there is items for sale from Co.Louth so it seems to be nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Tech Guy Sligo

I'm corrected,
    It is national.
    He was giving out flyers the other day.
    I got a feeling that if he is only promoting it locally most of the stuff would be stuff for sale in Sligo.

In the contact info it says the office is based on the Mall, Sligo.

Goodluck to them, competeing against www.adverts.ie and www.ebay.ie

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Vintagekits

What is its fee structure like in comparison to eBay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 apudney

Our fees are a flat 5% to a max of €50, but only when your item sells.
    We have a couple of upgrades that cost extra if you want to promote your auction, but we have tried to keep the site as clean and simple as possible.

We started here in Sligo at the beginning of November, and are still refining the site, so any suggestions are much appreciated!

Aran from redfox

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭mistermouse

Theres been a few sites like this and all seem to go down the donedeal style. This is refreshing though as ebay is only good if you use the UK version and that incurs rediculious postage surcharges even to NI.

This site may do well if sellers get a realistic grip on prices as in Ireland most sellers on ebay think they can charge high street prices where the same goods with more choice on ebay.co.uk even with postage are much much better.

best of look though, and its the way forward, someone will make it work

• Advertisement
Advertisement