Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice Needed

• 28-11-2010 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Morning Guy's

As they say in the States, long time admirer first time poster.

Looking for some advice.

My old home cinema system has packed it in and I am looking to buy a new one for Christmas. I have looked through all the various forums and your advice and this is what I am looking at

LG HB405SU Home Cinema System

As I have an old Sony TV I am also looking at a new TV and have looked at all your advice and am looking at this

PANASONIC TX-PF42S20 plasma screen

In summary I am looking for a

40 inch Plasma (based on advice in the forums,)
    Blu Ray Home Cinema System ( 5.1 preferebly)

We (I) watch a lot of sports and am looking to get a Blu Ray home cinema system for that I will be able to use for DVD's and play the sound of the footy through.

I have a budget of approx €1k and am would like to get your thoughts on the above systems or any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

JD250505

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

You should consider something from this thread for your surround sound setup, will be better than any all-in-one set-up. You will need a separate Bluray player but they can be picked up cheap enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jd250505

Thanks Eddiem 74

Never thought of the seperate systems. Is it fair to say that I would be better to invest in a decent AV system and a "cheap" blu ray player.

Thanks for the advice.

JD250505

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

jd250505 wrote: »
    Is it fair to say that I would be better to invest in a decent AV system and a "cheap" blu ray player.

Yes separates would be better and you can then also upgrade individual parts over time. Also don't think "Cheap" Bluray player, there are lots of well reviewed players (e.g. Sony 360/370) for around the €100-€150 mark, as they are coming down in price all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭viperirl

If you are going to be sending both the video and audio over a HDMI cable from your blu-ray player then a lower priced player will do that job just as good as a high end one in the majority of cases.
    (If the audio is being decoded and converted to analog on board the player then that's a different story)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jd250505

Thanks for the advice so far guys.

I was looking at these two systems and was wondering if anybody could give any experience of them.

Sony BDVE370.CEK 5.1 ch Blu-Ray Home Cinema System - Black

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/5970013/art/yamaha/av-3117-5-1-home-cinema-s.html

I was looking at this TV

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-P42S20

As I said earlier, looking for a 42 inch Plasma and a home cinema kit / sound system.

Thanks for the advice in advance.

JD250505

• Advertisement
Advertisement