Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NGB upgrade question

• 28-11-2010 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭

I got a letter from eircom saying im going to be upgraded next month to 8mb NGB from my current 7mb standard broadband (that I only ever get 5mb btw)Will I notice any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

the only differenceis you will notice that your bill will go high if you go over the usage limit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

They said on the letter

quote:You are currently on 7mb with 50gb download limit ,you will upgraded to NGB advanced broadband with unlimited usage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭kk887

didnt use eircom for a while so dont know the unlimited usage are real or not as they usually have a fair usage after THAT unlimited usage.
    I know its two company but just a simple to you, i am with the upc 15 mb, and they said that it was unlimited usage but in fact they have a fair usage of 250gb/per month.

see the thread below yours,
    here's the link
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056061362

[edit]
    and also here is the source
    NGB Advanced has an Unlimited* usage allowance

*Unlimited usage subject to a fair usage policy of 250GB.

Advertisement