Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the schools be closed tomorrow

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭FlashGordon1969

Thaedydal wrote: »
    The thing is if the school closes officially it is marked as a school closure,
    if you just keep the kids at home and the school doesn't close then they get marked absent. 20 days absent for the entire school year and the attendance officer has to flag the file and you get visited, if it's more then 20 days then you run the risk of being fined if your child misses too many days from school.

There are some nasty chest infections going atm and both mine caught it and so ended up missing 7 school days, so absentees can easily rack up.

You are joking? Welfare officers run off their feet. 25 days off wont get you a visit-at most a letter. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

You are joking? Welfare officers run off their feet. 25 days off wont get you a visit-at most a letter. Trust me.

is it not unexplained absentism ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

At 18 days I have had a phone call from the school's attendance officer,
    at 21 days I had the home school illason officer call over to the house.
    We had flu last year and then tummy bugs so the sick days were real and I was told that if there were any more before the end of the school year to get a dr's note or else there would be a referral made to the Dept of Education.

Advertisement