Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer repair

Options
  • 28-11-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Anyone recommend any good computer repair shops in Cork city? Netbook fell off the back of the couch this morning (oh don't ask) and I reckon the fan needs replacing.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

Hi guys,

Anyone recommend any good computer repair shops in Cork city? Netbook fell off the back of the couch this morning (oh don't ask) and I reckon the fan needs replacing.

Thanks in advance :)

is it booting up since the fall? or just blank screen? Unfortunately if its not working I dont think the fan is the problem.. back o/t not sure of anywhere that fixes that sort of damage to laptops.. more often than not it is not economic to repair

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

corkcomp wrote: »
    is it booting up since the fall? or just blank screen? Unfortunately if its not working I dont think the fan is the problem.. back o/t not sure of anywhere that fixes that sort of damage to laptops.. more often than not it is not economic to repair

It booted up fine and I thought I was out of the woods but after a few minutes it started to make a funny noise, sort of like the fan was trying to move, but was bent out of shape and couldn't. It froze then completely. I may take another look at it later on. I'll just have to replace it if it's not worth it to repair.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Moro Man

I took an old laptop I had to this shower

http://www.computer-hospital.ie/ in Douglas before.

I didn't use them but they will look at it for you for free and give you a quote.. They might also offer you a trade in on damaged laptop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

Hi, If you bring it into me I'll have a look at it for free but I'm not going to spoof you mate - unless it's only a fan (which I very much doubt it) the netbook would be uneconomical to repair. AC Computer Solutions, 10 Georges Quay, Cork. (next door to 'The Shelf' bookstore) 0214320043 www.accomputers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Hi, If you bring it into me I'll have a look at it for free but I'm not going to spoof you mate - unless it's only a fan (which I very much doubt it) the netbook would be uneconomical to repair. AC Computer Solutions, 10 Georges Quay, Cork. (next door to 'The Shelf' bookstore) 0214320043 www.accomputers.ie

Thanks for that. Will try and get in over the next week or so with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement